Audi Q2 Forum banner

Audi Q2 problems and the horrible customer service of Audi

26K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Macaulay 
#1 ·
Picked up a Q2 mid-December with 500 km on the clock. All seemed fine until a few weeks later the brakes started squeaking, no problem, the car is new, the brake pads are new, just keep driving and do a few harder brakes and it should go away. A week later, the squeaking turned into the most ridiculous sounding and ear piercing howling you could ever imagine. Took it to Audi Center and they looked at it, switched pads and put some copper grease on them. Howling was gone, great!

Until a week later it started again, this time worse and more often. Took it back to Audi Center where they looked at it again, put some grease on it and gave it back. Howling was gone! Until... you guessed it, a few days later it came back even worse. So the Q2 went back for the fourth time and was given the "light treatment", basically they looked at the car with a flashlight and came to the conclusion that they didn't know what was wrong with it.

Contacting the dealer who originally sold the car, told us to take it to their own garage to be looked at and fixed potentially, came back and the problem still persists, got told to take it to a different Audi Center, they even promised to figure out a loaner with Audi. So that's what we did, took it to another Audi Center that was an hour away early in the morning, apparently the dealer hadn't figured out a loaner so we had to rent a car. A few hours later, they sent a text message saying the car was ready to be picked up. At this point, we already knew they gave the car the light treatment, and we were right. "We don't know what the problem is".

3500 kilometers on the clock now and the problem still persists and I've lost all hope for Audi. Oh, and the lane keeping assist nearly caused a serious accident by jerking the steering wheel and almost slamming the car into the highway barrier... twice. At least I think it was the lane assistant, I could be wrong.

So 4 visits to Audi Center and 1 visit to the dealer later, thinking of going back to Lexus.

Has anybody else experienced anything similar?

See less See more
#8 ·
Good grief... they must sort that and give you a courtesy car in the interim. With it going on for so long too then a replacement should not be out of the question. You should put your Write Up on the YouTube page though too... to explain the issue. Would be an embarrassment for Audi as well as the dealer base.

#9 ·
dtaylor said:
Good grief... they must sort that and give you a courtesy car in the interim. With it going on for so long too then a replacement should not be out of the question. You should put your Write Up on the YouTube page though too... to explain the issue. Would be an embarrassment for Audi as well as the dealer base.
Good idea, I will

#11 ·
Hi from Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom.....saw your post and I contacted my friend who is an Audi Master Technician at my local Audi dealership of 30 plus years experience at Audi, told him your story and he made a few comments.....

"Replacing pads with the same make / brand as came out is no fix. Surely they must have some form of Technical Support like we do. The dealer should be getting them on the case."

"His Audi dealership should record the noise with their frequency recorder and strip / take photos of discs and pads and send off a techinical enquiry to the factory."

"It may be pads or dics or a combination of both or best solution could even require vibration dampers fitted to the callipers"

I hope some of his comments might help you with speaking to your Audi Dealership ?

#12 ·
Pinksparkles said:
Have you had this sorted now??
Went to Audi Center sixth time where they changed all four brake discs. The problem was gone for a month or so, now the problem has reappeared but not as severely. Only once in a while the howling comes back when reversing and it seems like only when it's colder / rainier weather. Haven't decided what to do yet, just hoping the problem will just go away but not sure about that.

#13 ·
Urv said:
Hi from Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom.....saw your post and I contacted my friend who is an Audi Master Technician at my local Audi dealership of 30 plus years experience at Audi, told him your story and he made a few comments.....

"Replacing pads with the same make / brand as came out is no fix. Surely they must have some form of Technical Support like we do. The dealer should be getting them on the case."

"His Audi dealership should record the noise with their frequency recorder and strip / take photos of discs and pads and send off a techinical enquiry to the factory."

"It may be pads or dics or a combination of both or best solution could even require vibration dampers fitted to the callipers"

I hope some of his comments might help you with speaking to your Audi Dealership ?
Thanks for talking to your friend, I'll pass on the information if I take it back for the seventh time. Update on the situation above.

#14 ·
There is a recall that might fit your problem...
Make sure that there in not a pending recall for replacement of rear wheel hubs for your vehicle..
Vin numbers between WAUZZZGA3JA025211 and WAUZZZG7A02552
Built between 1/08/2017 and 31/08/2017
A long shot but;
Possible deformation of the rear wheel Berings could cause interference (imperfect alignment) your break pads and discs.

Maggie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.