Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Talking to sales at my local Audi dealer today, although not 100% sure, they have been told that the 1.5 TFSI will be available to order sometime in June for deliveries from September, if this is true then it lines up with the launch of the VW Troc and Skoda Karoq.

They also did not know if it would involve a price increase !!!

I am looking to change my A3 later this year so this just may fall right for me ........ although the VW Troc is on my list to look at as well.

Paul.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hello!

Well... I can confirm that it's true indeed. Or false. I don't know! :lol:

I ordered a Q2 in March 27th. Three days later, my dealer called me to confirm that the order was complete, and my car will be produced during the week of July 17th, to expect a delivery in early or mid August 2017. But he also told me that every Q2 produced from July (or June? Don't remember) will be considered as a "2018 revision", which means that the car will be the same but I will have minor improvements here and there, like MMI updates or small under-the-hood optimisations. He couldn't tell me what is going to change, though. Plus, he also said that my car will cost around 1,5% more than expected due to this "2018 revision". I live in Switzerland and in my case, it will be around 700 CHF more.

Then... I got curious about this and asked in a french forum if anyone has info about that "2018 revision" and know what is it about. A guy told me exactly what you said: that the 1.4 TFSI 150 will be replaced by the new 1.5 TFSI COD Evo (which is the new 1.5 from VW anyway). The guy announced it as a fact, but didn't said anything else...

However, since I'm really curious and very very excited about this potential change, I sent an e-mail directly to the support of Audi AG and they expressly DENIED that any change will be made related to the engine.

So... I really don't know what to think. But here's a fact: 700 CHF more on the final price is a lot of money for just "minor improvements" so maybe this engine switch is real and maybe Audi don't want to talk about it yet and prefer to keep it secret for now?

Best regards

·
Registered
68 Posts
Option packs on the Q2 are definitely changing. The 'Comfort' pack used to have Climate Control, rear parking sensors, heated front seats but the new 'Comfort and Sound Pack' now gives Front and Rear parking sensors, Hill Hold Assist, heated front seats and a Bang and Olufsen sound system but costs an additional £95 over the original.

The Car Configurator has been updated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts