Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Just about ready to switch to AUDI but have come across this site and the T-ROC forum where there are quite a lot of people are complaining about the 1.5 tfsi engine , with comments about lack of power when pulling away and kangarooing down the road.

My question is does the 2Ltr which is in various VAG cars have any such problems.

Thanks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi, I have never driven a car with the 2L engine but I would imagine it does not have the same problems, the 1.5L engine is a Millar Cycle engine which was new to VAG. The engine is meant to be cleaner burning than a conventional engine but when it was launched it did have problems which are the problems you have listed. There have been software updates which should have resolved the problems.

Reactions: GS77

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a 2018 Q2 with the 2L engine and haven't encountered any of the kangarooing or lack of power problems. One of the reasons I went with the 2L was because of this.

There's a good thread on it here:

I think there was a software fix around November 2019 that was meant to fix things (it seemed to work for some), but as you'll see from that thread someone had a Q2 1.5 TFSI Black Edition from April 2021 and encountered similar sounding problems.

As with many things, people tend to head to forums when there are problems, so I wouldn't be surprised if there are many 1.5L owners out there without an issue.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i wonder if the ‘fix’ for the 1.5 engine has completely cured the juddering and kangerooing In new vehicles.
I had a 2017 1.4 sport , and could not risk changing to the 1.5 given the well documented problems at the time.
So in 2019 I chose a 1.0 T Cross R line DSG instead.
I am looking to change in 2022,
I noted the issues relating to an April 21 Q2, but am keen to know if there are many other 2021 owners with the 1.5 (35) engine and the S tronic gearbox who are also not happy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a black edition 1.5 TFSI with s tronic. The car has performed superbly since the first day. Previous car was same engine and no probs with that. The s-tronic is a complete revelation. Will never have a manual again. There have been issues raised about 19" wheels. I have gone in 4 years from 17",18" and now 19"". Ride quality-a tad firmer but other than that excellent. You really can feel the difference when cornering at speed. Best car I have ever owned.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, I have never driven a car with the 2L engine but I would imagine it does not have the same problems, the 1.5L engine is a Millar Cycle engine which was new to VAG. The engine is meant to be cleaner burning than a conventional engine but when it was launched it did have problems which are the problems you have listed. There have been software updates which should have resolved the problems.
Thanks for replying.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a 2018 Q2 with the 2L engine and haven't encountered any of the kangarooing or lack of power problems. One of the reasons I went with the 2L was because of this.

There's a good thread on it here:

I think there was a software fix around November 2019 that was meant to fix things (it seemed to work for some), but as you'll see from that thread someone had a Q2 1.5 TFSI Black Edition from April 2021 and encountered similar sounding problems.

As with many things, people tend to head to forums when there are problems, so I wouldn't be surprised if there are many 1.5L owners out there without an issue.
thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i wonder if the ‘fix’ for the 1.5 engine has completely cured the juddering and kangerooing In new vehicles.
I had a 2017 1.4 sport , and could not risk changing to the 1.5 given the well documented problems at the time.
So in 2019 I chose a 1.0 T Cross R line DSG instead.
I am looking to change in 2022,
I noted the issues relating to an April 21 Q2, but am keen to know if there are many other 2021 owners with the 1.5 (35) engine and the S tronic gearbox who are also not happy.
thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a black edition 1.5 TFSI with s tronic. The car has performed superbly since the first day. Previous car was same engine and no probs with that. The s-tronic is a complete revelation. Will never have a manual again. There have been issues raised about 19" wheels. I have gone in 4 years from 17",18" and now 19"". Ride quality-a tad firmer but other than that excellent. You really can feel the difference when cornering at speed. Best car I have ever owned.
thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
We had the 1.4 Q2 which had no such issues as most on hear are aware of but we changed to a new Q3 in April with the 1.5 engine and has been fine with no such problems not sure what year the OP is looking at but as said the older models seemed to be cured with the software update.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts