Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Hope you are all well.
I joined this forum because I wanted to ask about firmness of ride.
I have just ordered my wife a Q2 S Line. It’s not a completely new order, but one that was already in the build schedule, so we have been able to add/change a few things (added C&S pack, changed colour to Arrow Grey, added dual zone climate control and flat bottomed wheel). It comes with 18” wheels and sports suspension, but have been watching/reading some reviews from the motoring press and they seemed negative about the ride quality with this set up. I have spoken to the dealer about changing from Sports suspension and he said it wasn’t possible without changing the trim level? Just wondered if anyone else had this set up and how they found the ride? It’s going to be a second cat so not doing massive mileage. Also, wonder if the motoring journalists are too picky and most of us ‘normal’ people won’t notice any difference. Thanks for your help. Take care.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great, thanks. 👍
Be careful, yes you can set suspension in Drive Select, if first you have that option, AND second you have dynamic suspension option, I got my Q2 like 14 months ago, S-Line, 19" sport suspension and Drive Select, thought I would get smoother ride with Drive Select, but no, suspension doesn't change, and it's very firm

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Be careful, yes you can set suspension in Drive Select, if first you have that option, AND second you have dynamic suspension option, I got my Q2 like 14 months ago, S-Line, 19" sport suspension and Drive Select, thought I would get smoother ride with Drive Select, but no, suspension doesn't change, and it's very firm
Thanks for your reply. That’s what I had read. Would you say that it’s uncomfortably firm. I’ve gone for the smaller 18” wheels, so hopefully that might help. Also, I have seen elsewhere that some people have suggested reducing the tyre pressures slightly?

Again, don’t know if I’m worrying too much and in all honesty if I’ll notice that much?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for your reply. That’s what I had read. Would you say that it’s uncomfortably firm. I’ve gone for the smaller 18” wheels, so hopefully that might help. Also, I have seen elsewhere that some people have suggested reducing the tyre pressures slightly?

Again, don’t know if I’m worrying too much and in all honesty if I’ll notice that much?
I’ve just switched from 18 to 19 to be fair the ride is a bit smoother on 18 but a much more of a stable ride on 19. Plus they look far nicer. 👍🏼

·
Registered
28 Posts
We have got an SQ2 on 18 inch rims and the ride is fine , we are in rural Scotland and the roads are pretty rough, quite glad we didn't get the 19 inch rims as prefer not to have lower profile tyres which seem to get damaged more easily.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We have got an SQ2 on 18 inch rims and the ride is fine , we are in rural Scotland and the roads are pretty rough, quite glad we didn't get the 19 inch rims as prefer not to have lower profile tyres which seem to get damaged more easily.
Thanks for the reply. Do you have the sports suspension?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts