Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Placed an order yesterday for a Q2 BE, Navarra Blue, C&S Pack, 35 TSi, Stronic. I'm not new to this forum as my wife had a Q2 Sport back in 2017. We traded that and my A7 BE for a D240 Jaguar E-Pace in 2019 (I'll never have a Jag again btw). Then covid hit and it sat on the drive, so we sold it to a dealer in Nov 21 for £1.5K more than we paid for it 2 years earlier. Since then we've made do with a great little Fiat 500.

But now it's time to move on again. We hummed and harred about electric, but I'll leave that for a few more years yet. We looked at loads of different makes and models, but none really impressed us so we went back to Audi (in the past I've had 3 A6s and an A7, my wife a Q2) as we just like them best. Looked at a Q3, but 6+ months delivery and the Q3 Sportback had no future delivery dates. We did look briefly at used Q2s but a new one is only a couple of grand more. So, hopefully we can get this new Q2 for 1st September.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I ordered mine in April too. I ordered the 30 TFSI sport model. Initially I was told it would be about 6 weeks (2 weeks build and 4 weeks to transport if I remember correctly )but I think I won't be getting it till at least June. It says estimated delivery 6th May 2022 on the order form. I've only got one email update saying order received. Does that mean that my car still hasn't been built? Or are the emails not very accurate? It's my first time ordering a brand new car so super excited!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My dealer told me 16 weeks for a Q2 in the spec I asked for. He even showed me the audi screen stating exactly 16 weeks; also for different models (the Q3 was 6 months and a Q3 sportback had no date). He said he'd keep me updated and he has already sent me an email saying manufacture would be in 4 weeks time (so June time). There was another Q2 purchase he showed me of someone who put in the order in March with expected delivery for July.

I suppose the length of time may have something to do with the spec too. As mine is a black edition with the comfort and sound pack and s-tronic it may take longer for mine than yours.

It is exciting I agree and this is my first brand new car since a Ford Sierra Sapphire in 1989 - haha (though I did get a new Renault Megane in Limassol new, but it was from stock and not ordered - which is the way it worked in Cyprus). I normally buy 3-6 month old cars, but with the second hand market being so expensive it made more sense to get new this time.

My ideal would be to get my car 01 Sep so I can get the new '72 plate. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts