·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I get into my car I switch off:

- Radio
- Center console
- (A) Auto engine turn off

Why these settings are reset each time to defaults when I turn off the car? Is there any workaround?

The most annoying is Auto engine off. I absolutely hate it, although it may save a bit of fuel. Can I ask dear to permanently disable it?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Evening!

Audi will not turn off stop/start. Pretty sure it would be illegal for them to do it as I think by law all car manufacturers need to have it as standard. If you get Carista then you can turn it off and you won't have to do it manually, google Carista, get it off
Amazon as you usually get a months free subscription.

As for the other options, I don't really understand. If you keep the volume wheel pressed down on the console then it turns off the console but also the whole middle screen system. Not sure what you mean by the other option sorry.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Loll69 said:
Out of curiosity, why do you not like the stop/start. I don't even notice it as its so fast to restart.
I have 2.0L TDI so I definitely notice it when it starts and stops. Taking into account that diesel on idle uses about 2X to 4X fewer fuel compared to gasoline, there is absolutely no reason to turn it off in light traffic besides cheating on EPA rating. Replacing starter also has environmental cost - did they take it into account?

And while I understand EPA rating scam, I do not understand about radio and screen. I do not think volume down works, because I usually listen to my phone music when it's connected to bluetooth. But I never want a radio.

Same about the screen. It distracts me during day to day driving, so I want it off all the time except for rate view camera. Why it's on by default when I turn on my car? I switches it off explicitely before.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Loll69 said:
Out of curiosity, why do you not like the stop/start. I don't even notice it as its so fast to restart.
Best thing on SS is that when you stop on traffic and car shut down, 0,5 sek later you move again. Best on traffic jams. I just dont understand why you love it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts