Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm going in tomorrow, the truth is that my interim car, a 2.5 year old Mini that was my wife's that we replaced with a Stronic 1.4 TFSI A1 (which she loves) is driving me demented as transport between Warwick and Staines. I looked really closely and very nearly bought a 7 month old RSQ3, only stepping back when it was obvious that despite having already lost nearly £18k of its £50k purchase price and Audi Finance's projection of it's future residual value was suggesting that it was to continue to depreciate rapidly. I wondered why the are rare sight on the roads and now I know why.

I've been pondering buying an A1 but it now looks like a factory order, so that'll be 12 weeks, virtually by the time it gets here the order book will be open for a Q2....I'm going to enquire. Maybe they will have an interim vehicle I can buy until then, I'll have a look.

·
Registered
32 Posts
So I've placed an order for an A1 Sportback 1.4TFSI Stronic with toys, delivery in June. The dealers don't have any definite dates for the Q2 but they note that Audi are pumping information into the market so the suggestion that the order book will open in July for November deliveries is probably broadly correct in their opinion. They did say that there is enormous interest in the Q2 because the other Q models of a more sensible size (Q5 and Q3) are looking kind of dated now the Q7 is out. Aside from existing Audi customers wanting a Q2 there is also interest from drivers of other brands too - Audi would have appear to have got the product positioning/market need spot on again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you for that. It sounds as though delivery in November could be a problem if the Q2 is so popular. I was waiting for the facelift A3 sportback but Audi has hit me with this baby with the fantastic design. Definitely will go for a Q2 as it meets all of my requirements. Just eagerly waiting for the glossy brochure now as I am intrigued to find out what the SE and Sport specification differences are?

·
Administrator
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I've left my details with them but no firmer dates yet. I actually agree with them, the Q3 is probably suited to me but I don't really like the look of it and it really is due a replacement soon.

Good luck with the A1, nice cars but I hope it's different enough from the Mini!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Rob said:
Na, they don't have a clue, all they're interested in is making a sale now, not in 6 months time.
Yep they are useless. I enquired about the facelifted A3 Sportback. Two emails and one call and surprise surpise no salesman was available to contact me. I will use them for the test drive, toy with them then order my new Q2 from Orangewheels who get large discounts because they deal directly with key dealers. In other words, they get the bulk business and pass on large discounts.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Having browsed all the Q2 illustrated links I've concluded that ordering an A1 Sportback is fairly pointless as the moment the Q2 hits the streets I'll be wanting one. So A1 cancelled and the dealer has transferred the deposit to a Q2 order.

I get the feeling that the Q2 will be a sensational Global success for Audi just the like their Porsche brand had with the Macan, a case of right product at the right time so with luck it will be case of get in early or wait a very long time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts