Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just ordered a Q2. It seems like a fine car and I'm looking forward to it arriving in a few months time.

My question is this; Is anyone buying the Q2?

I live in an area where you would expect to see dozens of these things on the road and to date, I've seen 2.

Is it just that cars have been ordered but have not yet been delivered? Does anyone with better connections than me know whether Audi is happy with sales numbers?

Peter

·
Registered
179 Posts
I've probably seen around half a dozen now, plus... I was in Spain this week and saw one on the road there too. I think they are proving popular but still a relatively new car with quite a long lead time so they still stand out when spotted.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I think because they are so new that it will take a while till you see more on the road.

These figures are for the last quarter of 2016

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
like CDM7 I live in Dorset (specifically the east of) and there is another Q2 I have seen parked in a driveway less than half a mile away and this week saw another one in the local supermarket car park.
Apart from the above actual sightings on the road have been as rare as hen's teeth!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Dave said:
I think because they are so new that it will take a while till you see more on the road.

It is interesting looking at those stats how the Q2 S-Line TFSI is not listed. This goes back to a previous thread on here where the V5C seems to list them as Edition 1's... Where the Edition 1 is a different model. Very confusing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I drove from north Wales to Liverpool and back on Saturday afternoon and didn't spot one! It's a good game but I vaguely remember a similar time when I had my A1!

·
Registered
81 Posts
dtaylor said:
Dave said:

It is interesting looking at those stats how the Q2 S-Line TFSI is not listed. This goes back to a previous thread on here where the V5C seems to list them as Edition 1's... Where the Edition 1 is a different model. Very confusing.
Apparently there was a problem between Audi and dlva with coding and so the the v5 s are wrong - my dealer took my v5 and sent it back but haven't had a new one yet and it's been a few weeks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The local Audi dealer who I'm buying mine from said they hadn't sold any but interest was picking up as with any new car its a slow burner to start with but Imo with only having the yellow model in the showroom isn't helping things as i know i wouldn't pick that colour.
I wasn't best pleased when he failed to tell me the price was going up for the my18 and that he had already ordered mine under my17 i wanted to change the paint colour but couldn't as they put the order through supposedly and couldn't modify it.
I've tried to research what the updates may be but all i can find is the price is up £350 and now includes rear parking sensors hopefully its not much else. I've a feeling though there up to something as it was only ordered a couple of days ago and its due in middle of June when looking at other forum posts they've a much longer wait than me.

·
Registered
36 Posts
redline said:
The local Audi dealer who I'm buying mine from said they hadn't sold any but interest was picking up as with any new car its a slow burner to start with but Imo with only having the yellow model in the showroom isn't helping things as i know i wouldn't pick that colour.
I wasn't best pleased when he failed to tell me the price was going up for the my18 and that he had already ordered mine under my17 i wanted to change the paint colour but couldn't as they put the order through supposedly and couldn't modify it.
I've tried to research what the updates may be but all i can find is the price is up £350 and now includes rear parking sensors hopefully its not much else. I've a feeling though there up to something as it was only ordered a couple of days ago and its due in middle of June when looking at other forum posts they've a much longer wait than me.
Mine was in uk 6 weeks from ordering and i made changes 10 days after initial order.
You prob have had a dealer stock build date car, amended to your spec. Thats what the dealer did for me to beat the uk road tax increases.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A very knowledgeable guy from CarWow told me that Audi do not expect Q2 to be a mass market seller like A3 or Q3. Unfortunately this means the Q2 will probably never have the readily available 12% plus discounts available on those cars. The positive side to that is that he believed residual values should be excellent.

By calling Q2 'untaggable' I think even Audi are saying they don't really know what this car is or where it fits. They've noticed other manufacturers selling shed-loads of small 'fun' faux 4x4s and knew they needed to get involved.

·
Registered
68 Posts
redline said:
I went to buy a Q3 TDi in white yesterday but the showroom Q2 1.4 TFSi Sport in Red blew that option out of the water......

Picking it up on Thursday.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Fantastic choice the best In my opinion. But I would not be bias would I? ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I saw one Q2 in Paris, and 2 Q2 in Nice (near Cannes, french riviera)... this is true that there are very few Q2 running down the streets, in France too...
I think it's an issue about delivery time, very long.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts