Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, been following the forum for a while now. I must admit I'm not a car person and know very little about spec etc. However I recently came across the Q2 whilst looking for a car through the NHS salary sacrifice scheme. I visited my local Audi and took a look, and was really happy with the car. I ordered the 1.0 SE, as it was a ridiculously low priced deal, so much so that when I visited the Audi store I explained I was going to order through the scheme and they openly said they couldn't match it.

However I've not seen much about the 1.0 mentioned anywhere?

Cheers!

·
Administrator
417 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.

There are a couple of reviews online about the 1.0 TFSI - here is one from Auto Express: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/audi/q2/96742/new-audi-q2-10-tfsi-2016-review

They say:
This entry-level 1.0 TFSI is arguably the pick of the Q2 range. It's quick enough, remarkably quiet and will be cheap to run, and comes wrapped in a stylish crossover body. If you spend a lot of time on the motorway, then the 1.6 TDI might make more sense, but this three-cylinder is more than capable on the occasional longer trip.
and here is one from Auto Car: http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/audi/q2/first-drives/2016-audi-q2-10-tfsi-review

They say:
We can't believe this car won't be a hit. It's about as good to drive as a small SUV gets but hasn't forgotten its first duty as a practical family hack.

The 1.0 TFSI is remarkably capable, but if possible, we'd stretch to the more powerful 148bhp 1.4 TFSI petrol. It has the extra muscle to exploit the Q2's capable handling but, with cylinder-on-demand tech, should also keep your fuel bills reasonably low. Either way, if two's company and three's a crowd, four could just be Audi's lucky number.
I guess it depends what you're after and what type of driving you do as to whether the 1.0 will be enough for you.

What do you drive currently?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts