Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This article was found in Auto Express magazine here: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/vauxhall/87613/vauxhall-boss-reveals-thinking-behind-return-of-the-vauxhall-viva

The decision to give the car a different badge for Britain is something Tozer was personally very keen on.

"It is something I have pushed for," he confirmed. "What we can get best out of this global company is a very pragmatic 'what works is what works' mindset.

"What I have discovered as a newcomer to General Motors is that if we put our thoughts together on this example, our new city car, and we say what name would really help us sell more cars and can articulate what is good for the UK, that's proving possible."

Audi Q2 2015 back
He continued: "A member of my team said 'this could be a good idea, can we take it to Europe and see what they say?'. And they said yes, which I think is fantastic."

·
Registered
6 Posts
While Audi has christened the car Q2, thus paying homage to its original model that sold some 1.5 million units from 1963 to 1979, Opel will use a different name for its Audi Q1 replacement and which will be announced to the public on Thursday, September 11.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts