Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Very excited that I'll be picking up my Q2 1.4TFSi Auto black on Friday (30th Dec) from Camberley Audi.
So I wanted to get opinions about costs when buying the Q2 from official Audi dealer.
I was offered paying upfront for servicing for 2 years which I've gone for and have been given 5 days free insurance.
To my mind, both of these seem a little stingy considering I'm getting a new car. There are plenty of manufacturers that offer 3 years free servicing and a year of insurance when purchasing new (my father got a years insurance for free buying a vw polo for example). Also the dealer suggested I may want a personalised plate but I'd have to go through third parties for that as they wouldn't give me the option.
Have I missed a trick, is there something I should have asked for up front or am I expecting too much from Audi? Any other freebies I should ask about when picking up my new toy on Friday?
Any advise would be great. thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The free 5 days insurance is available to everyone buying a new Audi. I used it to cover me until my own company stopped thinking my personal plate was still on my previous car; a Porsche Boxster for which when I bought new provided NO goodies whatsoever!
In my experience of buying new cars you generally get incentives on those few occasions when they are short on sales. A car like the Q2 which has only just become available is unlikely to be short on sales.
Hope this makes you feel better about your purchase. Safe motoring.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just dug out the paperwork so I'm telling the truth here.
I took out a 36 month contract for £14.32 a month covering 3 years service and maintenance (not tyres) so that's £515.52.
Apparently it includes dinks, paint and scratch repairs in it too (up to a point).
I'll get back to you on the gap insurance, haven't sorted that out yet but previously I have bought gap insurance independantly of the dealer and found it much cheaper, about a 1/3 less.

·
Registered
54 Posts
anon3010 said:
Hi all,
Very excited that I'll be picking up my Q2 1.4TFSi Auto black on Friday (30th Dec) from Camberley Audi.
So I wanted to get opinions about costs when buying the Q2 from official Audi dealer.
I was offered paying upfront for servicing for 2 years which I've gone for and have been given 5 days free insurance.
To my mind, both of these seem a little stingy considering I'm getting a new car. There are plenty of manufacturers that offer 3 years free servicing and a year of insurance when purchasing new (my father got a years insurance for free buying a vw polo for example). Also the dealer suggested I may want a personalised plate but I'd have to go through third parties for that as they wouldn't give me the option.
Have I missed a trick, is there something I should have asked for up front or am I expecting too much from Audi? Any other freebies I should ask about when picking up my new toy on Friday?
Any advise would be great. thanks.
ive just taken delivery of my car and have not gone for the service plan its a dealer service plan . 495 for 2 years and not really price competitive as . interim service and main only really adds upto 450 and so ill wait . all new cars get 5 days free insurance to get you time to sort cover . ive gone with aviva as cheaper than current insurer . had refund for time left on policy.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wow that's steep, 2 year service plan on a 2.0 TDI Tiguan was £150.
That's the reason I walked away from the Q2, everything was an extra, Tiguan SEL provided all the tech in spec and you can get up to 14% off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts