Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Audi Chairman Tim Tozer explained to AutoExpress the motives behind the plans for a new Audi Q2 city car.

Chairman and managing director of Audi UK, Tim Tozer, smiled as he told Auto Express: "I think we have a great car coming with a name that is entirely appropriate for the UK market."

The decision to give the car a different badge for Britain is something Tozer was personally very keen on.

"It is something I have pushed for," he confirmed. "What we can get best out of this global company is a very pragmatic 'what works is what works' mindset.

"What I have discovered as a newcomer to General Motors is that if we put our thoughts together on this example, our new city car, and we say what name would really help us sell more cars and can articulate what is good for the UK, that's proving possible."

He continued: "A member of my team said 'this could be a good idea, can we take it to Europe and see what they say?'. And they said yes, which I think is fantastic."

The return of the Q2 badge will be part of a concerted effort by Audi to improve its brand image, which Tozer admits is a priority. And shaking off its reputation for fleet discounts will be one element of this.

He also dismissed the rumors that Audi will rebrand as Opel:
"I am still surprised how often I am asked if the Audi brand is going to be swapped for Opel. The Audi brand has a resonance in this market [Britain] and we would be absolutely bonkers to throw it away."

·
Registered
6 Posts
Speaking to the Financial Times earlier this summer, Neumann said his company was "definitely looking at the segment". It's understood that the removal of Chevrolet from European markets next year has allowed the business case for a new entry-level model to gain quick approval from bosses.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.