Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Audi claims that the car's crossover roofline means interior headroom is more generous than an A3's, and clever packaging enables the boot to swallow 405 litres of luggage. Optional 40:20:40 folding rear seats increase flexibility for storage, while also enabling that maximum volume to grow to 1050 litres.

Designers have deliberately given the bootlid a wide opening for easy access, and the tailgate can be powered.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
There are a lot of options with this style or storage space. I have seen this in smaller cars but they sure can fit a lot inside them!! I personally love how it looks and how you have different options making it more suitable for larger items.

·
Registered
179 Posts
milo said:
the floor in boot is static unlike the a3 that can move up and down
The 'What Car' review states that the boot floor is height adjustable...
"It comes with a height-adjustable boot floor as standard. Raise it and you have a smaller compartment beneath to separate out delicate items, or, lower it to maximise the boot's height. With the floor in its upper position it takes away the load lip at the leading edge of the boot opening, and smoothes out the step left when you fold the rear seats down, leaving an almost flat extended load deck."

Also... if you look at this message thread from Q2Fever you will see a photo of the boot floor in the lower position... http://www.q2forums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=321

·
Registered
179 Posts
Jessica said:
Doesn't look that deep but certainly tall enough. Should be fine for me.

I notice the boot floor is flat. Room for a spare under there do you think?
Hi,

The boot floor is adjustable and yes... you can add a Space Saver as an additional option for £100.

·
Registered
179 Posts
dtaylor said:
Jessica said:
Doesn't look that deep but certainly tall enough. Should be fine for me.

I notice the boot floor is flat. Room for a spare under there do you think?
Hi,

The boot floor is adjustable and yes... you can add a Space Saver as an additional option for £100.
Here's a video of the adjustable boot floor...

·
Registered
54 Posts
when i went to see the car in london at piccadilly the boot floor def dint move and lots complained maybe they took it onboard and changed it . am really pleased as its much better to be adjustable.

·
Registered
179 Posts
milo said:
when i went to see the car in london at piccadilly the boot floor def dint move and lots complained maybe they took it onboard and changed it . am really pleased as its much better to be adjustable.
Yes... perhaps it was a pre-production model to gauge customer feedback. A little puzzled with the MMI screen as all I have spoken to are surprised it doesn't retract. The comment from Audi is that most people do not retract them. On the contrary though; those I have spoken to would prefer it to. A shame we will not see that change. Still looking forward to getting mine... maybe by the end of this month if I'm lucky but more likely will be early November.

·
Administrator
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
milo said:
I didn't think it did either but to be honest wasn't sure what I was looking for!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I can see in one of the pictures and videos I took of the Q2 at the dealer tour there are a couple of plastic brackets towards the rear of the boot. I didn't know what they were for at the time but I'm guessing it's to raise the boot floor up.

Vehicle Car Fixture Trunk Van

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did anyone try to get a golf bag in the boot ? Would love to see pictures .. Just tried to fit a driver in an A3 sportback boot this morning .. possible as long as you don't put anything else in the boot !

·
Registered
32 Posts
Will be able to let you know in about 10 days / 2 weeks time if all goes to plan with delivery of mine to dealer, and arranging collection.

I have quite a big golf bag (cart bag) and on the current car I have to take the driver and fairway woods out and lay them on top separately to fit everything in the boot. but I can fit the driver across the boot, albeit positioned just slightly diagonally.

Not necessarily anticipating the Q2 boot being any wider than my current one, apart from I'm wondering whether those little recesses above the wheel arches might actually help the bag and clubs fit in better than with my present car.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Following the post from leolu above, I finally got round to testing how well the golf clubs fit in the boot of the Q2 - chance to compare against my previous car (Focus). The Focus is a very similar width to the Q2 so I wasn't expecting much difference.

I have quite a big golf bag (cart bag) which also has about a 4" base. In the Focus I used to take out the driver, fairway woods.....basically everything except the irons and umbrella. Then I'd fit the bag containing the irons across the width of the boot and lay the clubs on top. I also have Clicgear push cart, and golf shoes of course, but it all fitted in fairly well, albeit without a great deal of room for anything else sizeable.

The pictures below show me fitting the clubs into the Q2 boot. I've got the spacesaver wheel, and the boot floor is on the lower setting.

I just took out the driver, fairway woods and putter from the golf bag. The bag is laid on a slight diagonal, and the hybrid club and ball retriever I used to take out have been left in it and are able to sit nicely in the recess above the wheel arch. I've then been able to fit the bagged push cart next to it, laid the woods and putter over the top, and shoes at the back. Still lots of room for other things too. The driver (being the longest club, with a 45.5" shaft) fits fine diagonally across the boot, so of course the fairway woods - being slightly shorter - can do the same.

Apologies for the poor quality of the first photo.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts