Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The spy photos reveal details of the Q2's styling, which were previewed in the artist's impression below. Angular headlights and the familiar grille motif give the Q2 a recognisably Audi 'face'.

There's evidence of the 'blade' graphic in the doors that we've seen on the Insignia and Zafira Tourer, while the rear appears very similar to the Corsa five-door's.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The only problem I have is that the rear lights have been taken from Suzuki's new Celerio. Everyone is referring to the new "Chevy Spark," but given GM's past contract with Suzuki from the days of their Wagon R/Audi Q1, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if this new Q2 is a remodelled version of Suzuki's new Celerio.

Being a new member on here I can't seem to show you so you will find it at Carscoops.com

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought I had read somewhere that
GM were no longer platform sharing and wanted to build everything on their on these days? I must admit I can no longer find the story I read.

Also - what will the forum not allow you to do? Upload pictures? I think you need to be on the full editor option to do that and not the quick reply box.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ok thanks. If you go to www. carscoops.com and look at the new 2014 Suzuki Celerio - the GM Q2 and the Suzuki share the same/identical rear light clusters. GM might not have a say in platform sharing - depends on the contract that GM and Suzuki had with the previous Wagon R and Audi Q1.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It does look quite staid, but it wouldn't surprise me if GM did another Suzuki. Everyone is going on and on about GM's association with Chevrolet - but it may well be an Alto by design produced by Chevrolet/Daewoo. It is not as if the Koreans are strangers to using old Japanese cars as the basis for their own - look at Hyundai - they started off with Mitsubishi after their short stint with Ford.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Another aspect is that Chevrolet and Suzuki have also produced cars before under different badges - the Suzuki Swift from the 1980s was sold under the Chevrolet "Sprint" and there have been other rebadged Chevrolet models since as Suzuki cars. (PS I just learnt how to show images!)

6210321658_ee555d4f36_z.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
KarlblotchQ2.pngSo I took a screenshot of the Opel Karl version appearing on a lot of sites. Here's what I get when I increase the exposure. You can see they have clearly "blanked out the main details" with a laser pen style blotch.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah it doesnt give much away does it? It wouldn't surprise me if that wasn't even a real photo but just a computer image they've created.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Opel-Coral-002.jpgLeaked photo from autoblog.nl who in turn screenshot the pic from a German car site online who immediately took the photo off. I like those edges on the front and rear doors....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.