Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not strictly Q2 specific... but it happened to me in my Q2 last night... (Tech Pack Sat Nav)

Has anyone on here had the built-in Audi Sat Nav send you on a wild goose chase / bizarre routing on a journey for no apparent reason? Last night I set off from my house to my parents house (so a route I know well). As I was cutting it fine for dinner, I set their address as the destination to see when it thought I would arrive. The time it gave was 25mins longer than I knew it would take.

I carried on and the Sat Nav was wanting to take me on a wierd route, including turns in the wrong direction / a bizarre detour for no reason. I carried on, on my normal route and there was no traffic, not even any permanent roadworks that it may have picked up as a possible delay. In the end the journey took it's normal time.

I had a similar occurrence on my old A3 - again Tech Pack Sat Nav. Was travelling from Center Parcs Longleat to home. Selected navigate to home address when in the Longleat carpark and it said a journey of 2h45m (about right). I stupidly followed the sat-nav guidance on this occasion & the journey took 5hrs. This included going off motorways, onto A and B roads, including some narrow single-lane B roads.

Maybe it's time to start using Waze on the iPhone as a backup to the Audi system?

As an aside, I know of one fairly large Chauffeur company who operate a fleet of Mercedes vehicles - they all have a TomTom sat-nav in the car in addition to the built-in Mercedes one.

Has anyone else had problems?

·
Registered
15 Posts
My SQ2 has had the odd "Blonde" moment when it has proposed something I know is stupid.
I have ignored them all but a couple I looked at did seem to possibly relate roads that have been downgraded A roads
that it does not want you too use.
Where I live it does not like the A3400 which is the path of the old A34 .
It always sends you down the Fosse Way instead (A429)!!!!!!!!!!
It must be something ion the logic programmed into it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I only ever use Waze with CarPlay rather than the Audi satnav and I've never had a problem. The app has been upgraded this week to work on CarPlay's Home Screen.

·
Registered
119 Posts
My guess is this happen a lot but most people including myself assume there is a hold so go along with it, but once I ignored the sat nav whilst travelling on a B road in the country it tried to send me up a very narrow lane I ignored it and soon came across a set of temporary traffic lights with no hold up at all

·
Registered
5 Posts
My last car but one was a Kia Sportage which I loved. However, the on board sat nav was just a basis for negotiation! It rarely took you to where you wanted to go in a simple way and lots of newer roads weren't recognised at all. I even paid the dealer to update the mapping and it was exactly the same. So Ive had my Q2 a month and am finding the on board sat nav to be every bit as bad as the sportage. Even the salesman at Bristol Aidi let on they weren't the greatest. My Q2 is an '18 model and it doesn't recognise roads that were opened in 2015. If you load it up with a destination and do the same on wifey's phone with Google maps it invariably takes you in a completely different way. I even went to settings to make sure I was on fastest route etc. Truly hopeless!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
On the standard satnav settings it can send you strange ways to avoid roadworks and other hold ups, in the satnav settings you can turn off this feature.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.