Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all thank you Rob for e-mail ,i have a question about the b&o system in my q2,where is it located in the car?
am i right in thinking it is a separate piece of equipment "amplifier" ?
and the cd player etc in the glove box is a standard "audi audio" ?
any help would be greatly appreciated .
:oops: :oops: :? :?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi calvin
just had a look in the boot of my q2,i have a space saver wheel and the sub woofer goes in the middle of it so you will not lose any boot space with b&o ,hope this helps

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi... I have the B & O and whilst being correct that the subwoofer does not take up any space, the tool storage sits on top and does take up the space that restricts you lowering the boot floor to the lower position. You could take the tools out and discard the storage insert but with it, then the floor will be in the raised position. I don't have a problem with that but just worth noting.

As far as I am aware, the CD player is just standard in the glove box but the speakers and amplifier are replacements for the standard equipment.

·
Registered
48 Posts
hi everybody
is anybody seriously impressed with the b &o
system in their q2 ?
i have it , and an not blown away by the sound
quality or am i expecting too much quality in a
car even when made by a premimum company
any thoughts ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
I have B&O in my Q2 and while I think it is good it doesn't seem be anywhere near as good as the B&O system I had in my last A3 (despite the fact that it appears, to me, to be a very similar setup).

·
Registered
9 Posts
B & O Amp is under the front passenger seat . Black grilled box holds the silver Amp inside it. Saw it on Monday at Salisbury Audi. Very helpful sales assistant took us through a lot of the MMI functions and the pairing of a Iphone to allow contacts to be stored in the car and my music to be played . Explained the difference between this and CarPlay also

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,
Im interested in buying a Q2, but am also concerned about loosing boot space with the B&O amp and spare tyre combination. Can anyone confirm that its still the case that you can use the lower boot shelf with these?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
48 Posts
i have b and o with the sub woofer in the boot , my car has standard 17" wheels , have a spacesaver recommended spare , the sub woofer sits neatly inside wheel and allows the shelf to be fitted flat , small items can still be stored either side of wheel
# a word of caution , listen to the b and o set up side by side with the audi uprated sound system , wish i did , as i don't think the b and o is that good , could have saved some money and gained a little bit more space where the woofer would have been fitted

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Is that sitting flat on the lower shelf or the standard one please? My local Audi dealership seemed to think it would only sit on the higher one. I'm looking at an S-Line with 18" wheels if that make a difference?

·
Registered
48 Posts
just looked , shelf is sitting completely flat , not surewhat you mean about higher and lower postion ,i have the loading area completely all on one level as regards the 18 " wheel , you probably would get away with a 17 spacesaver withhigh profile to minimise height , as your local audi garage to allow a you to try with the above combination before yours arrives

·
Registered
76 Posts
Q2owner said:
i have b and o with the sub woofer in the boot , my car has standard 17" wheels , have a spacesaver recommended spare , the sub woofer sits neatly inside wheel and allows the shelf to be fitted flat , small items can still be stored either side of wheel
# a word of caution , listen to the b and o set up side by side with the audi uprated sound system , wish i did , as i don't think the b and o is that good , could have saved some money and gained a little bit more space where the woofer would have been fitted
The Audi Sound System also have a subwoofer in the trunk. I have it in my Q2. The only difference for the B&O is less speakers in the car (10, I guess) and no amp.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks - does the standard system allow you to use the lower shelf please? On the Q2 I saw in the show room, the boot floor has two positions; a higher one nearly flush with the boot opening, and a lower one a couple of inches down.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the B&O and space saver, and you can't put the bookshelf in the lower position. This is because the jack/tools (that normally sit where the subwoofer is) have their own polystyrene fitting which sits above the space/saver / subwoofer. I would imagine the uprated Audi Sound System would be the same due to the subwoofer.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.