Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!!

Bought a used Q2 from a main dealer 4 weeks ago and a couple of weeks ago my wife noticed the passenger door had droped.

To cut a long story short, Audi approved repair garage said it was actually a badly fitted wing.

Dealer won't accept any responsibility as fault developed after I bought it!

Anyone had similar experience and what was the solution?

Cheers

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sounds like a dodgy repair, the fit and finish on my Q2 are perfect.The defect must have been there when you purchased the car now where does the dealer get this idea it developed after you took delivery ?.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Door problem not there when we bought it, so dealer says it happened after I took delivery. My suspicion is a quick fix was done on the door, masking the problem with the wing. Once I started using the car - and my wife opening and shutting the door when she got in and out - the fix came apart.

Hard to prove tho ......

·
Registered
104 Posts
Looks identical to what happened to my A1 after a repair. Audi weren't interested so I mentioned it to my local independent garage who said that the door hinges were out of alignment, or had slipped since the repair had been completed. Sorted it within 5 minutes by adjusting, or tightening, the door hinges. Initially I thought that it was the panel that was out of position but it turned out to be the door.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I would contact the previous owner I think you have to pay the DVLA for the privilege though sure I read that somewhere but worth it in mind, if it’s had a bump and didn’t go through there insurance there will be no record of it on a database.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts