Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone with previous experience of Audi and their Bang & Olufsen stereo system?

Just wondering how much of an improvement it is over the standard kit and if it's a worth while upgrade?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had B&O in my 2013 A3 and it was awesome, so much so I don't think I'd buy any car now without a decent sound set-up as an option, just sold a Mk7 Golf GTD and I had the Dynaudio on that but due to the Golf being poorer build quality than the A3 it made the door cards buzz a little with bass frequencies.

The solid build of the A3 certainly made the B&O a great option, the sound was faultless and if I remember correctly it received a lot of praise at the time when the new A3 was launched. Solid bass and crisp mid / high frequencies with good separation, there is also a signal processing option that appears on the sat nav screen with a lot of options to adjust the sound as well as choosing presets.

It's one of the first option boxes I'll be ticking on the Q2, and as a nicety, the speaker grilles in the Q2 will have an illuminated white strip above the B&O logo strip just like on the A3 which looks cool at night and can be dimmed if needed again by the nav screen interior lighting options.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Always wondered if the Audi sound system was good mainly because yes it's a lot cheaper than the B&O setup. I know on the A3 the Audi subwoofer in the spare wheel well was exactly the same sub as in the B&O system, only difference was the logo on the plastic casing which is pretty typical of VAG group in general.

Shame there won't be any Q2's in showrooms by the time I've finalised order to try the Audi system out before I spec B&O.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.