Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I will be away a few weeks so my car will not be in use for a few weeks and because of the cold weather I plan to connect a battery charger to keep the battery charged up.

Does anyone know if I should set my charger to standard battery or AGM battery mode on the charger, I am not sure what type of battery is installed in the Q2 or how you could tell.

Thank you in advance
Andrew

·
Registered
100 Posts
Having used trickle chargers (mainly Ctek) on my bikes for years I've begun to realise that they aren't without problems - a few batteries killed.

If I were you, just leave the car until you get back and give it a single charge using the standard setting. It won't lose much over 4/6 weeks anyway.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I agree, the batteries in these cars are quite high capacity because of the stop start system, my car has been laid up now for 5 weeks and I am not worried about it starting, if there is a problem I will try to start it and if required put it on charge before I want to use it again. The only precaution is to ensure there are no power users other than the residual systems left on, e.g. internal lights, if you are still worried give it a boost charge every few weeks when you can keep an eye on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts