Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My q2 is 2 next month. Last week I got an email stating it needs a brake fluid change as my car "is three years old". I contacted them to get them to correct their records and was told it's now 2 years and oh yes that will cost over £100 to change the brake fluid. My car has only done 14,800 miles and when I bought it the brake fluid change was 3 years as stated in the email they sent me so is this just another money making scam by Audi, like the Audi connect which I was told was free for 3 years when I bought the car and now doesn't work?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am sure it was every 3 years when I had my 2017 Q2 .I would be inclined to refer to your handbook and quote that. Also phone around other Audi dealerships for a quote, and and then see what they have to say about any need for the fluid change..
On the subject of the 2 year service, (I bypassed the first service as it was close to 9000 miles, - over 9000 and it can be pushed out to 2 years).
The first Audi garage in Colchester quoted £425, Ipswich Audi quoted I think around £385, but when I said it was still expensive came down to around £375, so it pays to shop around.

I got 12 months Audi connect services included for the first 12 months, and then got it free for another 12 months when I phoned to enquire about renewal.
the next time it renewed free of charge automatically. The dealer told me Audi had not devised a method of charging for it yet,
Seems they may have now... . I have read somewhere (it may have been from you) that it is £11 per month, or £115 a year.
Not sure that putting in your own Sim card would work. or if you could use the hot spot on your phone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I have a 2019 SQ2 and just had an Audi (Edinburgh) inspection and was told as it two years old it needed a brake fluid change, apparently it's every two years. They charged £60.00. I was a bit annoyed as I bought a service plan when I got the car and assumed (wrongly) that it covered all servicing requirements for the two services, but no, the brake fluid is not included!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 2020 Q2 is in for it's 1st service tomorrow (Oil change & Inspection). Mileage is only 12,500, hence why only on 1st service after 2yrs. Derby Audi have just called to confirm the service & try to sell me a brake fluid change - as it's now needed after 2yrs - for £135. I know their price for this will be sky-high.

A quick call to a local Audi / BMW / Merc certified garage says it should be about £45 for a brake fluid change. Kwik Fit seem to charge £34.95.

Does having the brake fluid changed outside of the Audi service network while the car is in warranty affect the warranty. Advisor at Derby Audi was very unsure, as she is clearly working on targets to get people booked into "extra" work there. She did say that if the brake fluid is not changed by an Audi service centre the inspection warning light will remain on the dashboard as only Audi service centres can clear this (veiled threat!).

Anyone got any thoughts?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just an update to the above... Derby Audi backed down. Took the car in & told them I wanted it servicing, but the indicator resetting without the brake fluid being changed as it could be done way cheaper elsewhere. Service Advisor claimed any garage can reset the service indicator, which I disputed.

When I suggested that Audi were effectively running a "servicing racket" by charging hugely inflated prices for work & asked to speak to the Service Manager, the Service Advisor backtracked. I was asked what star rating out of fixe I would give her in the survey I would get from Audi after the service had been completed. I advised it would be zero stars, or if that was not possible, then one star.

The brake fluid change was all but instantly offered free of charge on the condition that I gave a five star rating in the service. I agreed to this & kept my side of the bargain.

So if a fully franchised / branded Audi Centre tries to fleece you for effectively routine work, just say you will give them poor feedback to Audi UK. They don't like this & the price of work that needs doing can suddenly plummet, as I found.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts