Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My q2 is 2 next month. Last week I got an email stating it needs a brake fluid change as my car "is three years old". I contacted them to get them to correct their records and was told it's now 2 years and oh yes that will cost over £100 to change the brake fluid. My car has only done 14,800 miles and when I bought it the brake fluid change was 3 years as stated in the email they sent me so is this just another money making scam by Audi, like the Audi connect which I was told was free for 3 years when I bought the car and now doesn't work?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am sure it was every 3 years when I had my 2017 Q2 .I would be inclined to refer to your handbook and quote that. Also phone around other Audi dealerships for a quote, and and then see what they have to say about any need for the fluid change..
On the subject of the 2 year service, (I bypassed the first service as it was close to 9000 miles, - over 9000 and it can be pushed out to 2 years).
The first Audi garage in Colchester quoted £425, Ipswich Audi quoted I think around £385, but when I said it was still expensive came down to around £375, so it pays to shop around.

I got 12 months Audi connect services included for the first 12 months, and then got it free for another 12 months when I phoned to enquire about renewal.
the next time it renewed free of charge automatically. The dealer told me Audi had not devised a method of charging for it yet,
Seems they may have now... . I have read somewhere (it may have been from you) that it is £11 per month, or £115 a year.
Not sure that putting in your own Sim card would work. or if you could use the hot spot on your phone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I have a 2019 SQ2 and just had an Audi (Edinburgh) inspection and was told as it two years old it needed a brake fluid change, apparently it's every two years. They charged £60.00. I was a bit annoyed as I bought a service plan when I got the car and assumed (wrongly) that it covered all servicing requirements for the two services, but no, the brake fluid is not included!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts