Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hello,you may not believe this but my car had only done 16000 miles,apparently its down to me and my washing of the car ,climate etc ,thats what audi told me and this sometimes happen,i think ,they think i'm zipped up the back ;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Luke1957 said:
hi all,when i replaced my 4 brake discs on my q2 ,would the audi garage have to top up my fluid after installing new discs or do a complete flush through.thanks
If the discs and I would presume the pads have been changed there is no need to top up the fluid as the level should be now back to roughly the same level as it was when the car was new.

Depending on how old the car is or when the fluid was last changed the fluid could be due to be flushed out and changed as brake fluid is hydroscopic which means it absorbs water which affects braking efficiency.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I live in Switzerland. way colder here in the winter and hotter in the summer than any part of the UK, more salt on the roads etc etc.... Never heard of this... I wash my car twice a week sometimes, either with a spray jet or a car wash.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts