Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to forum, I've been searching google to find an answer to this but there's nothing specific to the Q2.

I want to remove my front headrests in order to fit some car seat covers. The front headrests are an unusual design though, the head cushion slides along the the posts which are fixed in the seat back, and there doesn't seem to be anyway to remove them easily. There's also nothing in the manual about removing the fronts, only the rears which are the more standard design with a release tab at the base.

Searching around online there may be a small release button somewhere inside the seatback but several attemts so far I've had no joy.

Has anyone managed this yet?

It's a Q2 Sport 1.4 TFSI

Cheers

·
Registered
192 Posts
The ones in my SQ5 don't remove so I would be surprised if these do. There will be a way but it will involve a strip down of the seat I would imagine. ETKA (Audi's parts catalog) shows the plastic part they slide into clipping into the seat frame so youll likely need to remove the plastic part from the seat frame to remove them. All parts are available so its definitely possible.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I suspect. I know there will be a way to get them out as they went in at the factory, I was just hoping it wouldn't be too involved.

I think I will alter the seat cover instead to slide over the headrest as this is something I will be fitting and removing quite often.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts