Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yep was thinking about it but would like it all fitted in and with the wires all hidden etc. I am bit fussy and wouldn't want cables dangling all over the place :) . Don't know if such an option yet exists for such a new car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for your reply Edd i'm a bit like yourself in that regard,i e-mailed audi uk ,and they said ,they don't have any plans to introduce car cam's for the foreseeable future so i guess we'll have to diy it.

·
Registered
143 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

I picked up my Q2 back in early December and have been looking into this for a while. I am also very fussy when it comes to wires everywhere. I'm currently in the process of installing front and rear cameras into my Q2. I opted for Blackvue dr430-2ch cameras, and a power magic pro to power them. I'm doing the final touches to the wiring now, currently no wires on show at all, just the power to finish wiring up. If anybody would be interested I could do pictures of my install, and wiring? (This is only a DIY install, I'm not a professional :geek: )

·
Registered
14 Posts
Has anybody now got any dash cams fitted yet to their Q2? Sounds like a lot of people are interested but just wondering how many people have yet taken the plunge. Really keen to get one fitted but would love to see how the units have been installed.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have had one fitted

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks Dave, definitely looks like the Blackvue is the one to go for. Looks really neat and fits in with my OCD for no trailing wires 😂. Did you fit yourself or have it professionally fitted Dave?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I had it professionally fitted. The only wires you can see is the very short length from the rear camera to the trim panel. And then the length into the rear view mirror housing. But you can not see this from the drivers seating possion. 99% of the camera is hidden behind the rear view mirror.
So my OCD is happy.

·
Registered
143 Posts
That looks very good. That would have been my preferred option if there was a oem fitted option.

And for that price less the £500.

After fitting and 128 gb memory card I did not get much change out of £530. So would have happily paid that for Audi one.

I guess they are testing the hardware and software in Australia. Once they have got it running smoothly they will expand the countries that it will be avaible in.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yes that was £530 including everything

Camera power pack 128gb memory and fitting

·
Registered
143 Posts
Just looked at invoice it was a little bit more alltogher £547.96

Sd card £59.99
Power magic pro 37.99
Fitting 139.99