Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been told by audi uk that there are delays to production on q2 due to parts on 1.4 tfsi engines and the fact its a new model . :evil: :roll: why accept orders then

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ordered nearly 4 weeks ago and still don't have a build date!! Dealer is chasing up with Audi for me next week. She says it's really unusual to not have one, and their other orders were given build dates within a week of them placing the orders. Mine's a 1.4 tfsi... so maybe that's it.
I agree, it's really not on to allow orders, take people's deposits and then have us wait an age! What are my chances of getting my deposit back if I cancel and re-order after Christmas when perhaps I might even get a discount and a shorter lead time???

·
Registered
179 Posts
kathysymonds said:
I ordered nearly 4 weeks ago and still don't have a build date!! Dealer is chasing up with Audi for me next week. She says it's really unusual to not have one, and their other orders were given build dates within a week of them placing the orders. Mine's a 1.4 tfsi... so maybe that's it.
I agree, it's really not on to allow orders, take people's deposits and then have us wait an age! What are my chances of getting my deposit back if I cancel and re-order after Christmas when perhaps I might even get a discount and a shorter lead time???
I forgot to mention... mine is a 1.4 TFSI too. I order day one (6th August). Have you been given an order number ? It should be on Audi's system as soon as the dealer took the order and you should have had an order number within the week with a link to enable you to track it. Something not right there and maybe your dealer has slipped up.

With the lead times people have been quoted I would try and cancel if I was you and then place the order again when things have settled down.

The original quoted delivery dates was November and having a build date on the 14th November all seems on track for me. My dealer said that the date is often pulled forward a little nearer the time too.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
I think you would be alright getting your deposit back if you wanted to wait, but I think either way you might be in for a fair wait and I really can't see discounts being available that soon..

On the plus side residuals should be good if there is a shortage!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I placed an order on the Q2 and yes there is delays. I had been pushed back from November to mid December. I decided to cancel my Q2 order, and go for the new VW Tiguan R line. Get a lot more for your money.
Shame but actually think I made the right choice here. Good luck to you all though.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.