Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading through the online user manual (thanks calvin4000)

I will have to have a proper read, but did I read correctly that with the embed sim for online services. That when you connect your mobile phone it diconects the cars sim and uses your data from your phone instead?

This worries me slightly as I was looking to order the technology pack with 36 months online services. But if it dose not used the embedded sim you could soon run out of data and get a big bill. Sort of defeats the purpose of having a embedded sim.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi,

No... I have two phones paired at the same time via bluetooth... the embedded SIM stays connected for all connect services. It works well for traffic, weather, places searches, fuel prices etc. Keep in mind though... the embedded SIM is only for Audi connect services and not for sharing the internet with other devices... that is an extra charge. I did not realise that at the time...

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you David,

That is great news, it was one of the things worrying me about the purchase.

I will properly go into my dealer tommow and order one now.

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
40 Posts
Multiple phones over Bluetooth seems fine.... but if you want to use your own SIM card, it is not very clear.... :?

The connection via the eSIM card ^>page 191 is disconnected when you use your own SIM card. All data connections for all Audi connect infotainment services will use your SIM card.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts