Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, thought I'd introduce myself, been a member a various VW / Audi forums over the years having owned many examples from both camps. Very experienced knowledge wise on most of the recent offerings and I've owned two MQB platform cars, namely an Audi A3 and my current car a Golf Mk7 GTD, I was looking to a compact SUV type vehicle as my next car so the Q2 couldn't have come at a better time as I'm looking to change in September.

Really excited by this model and glad to have found this forum, hope to be of use to everyone, I'm sure you've all been scouring the internet for any Q2 info you can find. If I find out anything myself I'll be sure to post it, I also have VCDS which for anyone in the know is great for adding features to our cars that are otherwise 'hidden' from factory, hoping the Q2 will be just as tweekable as my other cars have been!

I'm from Wolverhampton, West Midlands, but please don't hold that against me, ha. Our Audi dealership is actually very good, always been impressed with their service in the past so if anyone in Midlands is after a Q2 I'd certainly head there.

Hope to get to know you all soon, I know how great these forums can be.

Thanks, Ben

·
Administrator
417 Posts
Welcome to the forums Ben, good to have you on board and any advice or experience is always appreciated. I suspect the Q2 will bring lots of new owners over to Audi so your experience and tricks with the VCDS stuff will be great.

I'm online pretty much everyday looking for Q2 stuff! haha but please feel free to post anything I've not found yet. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome :)

Just placed my deposit on my Q2, so let the good times begin, I'll post any news I find out from my dealership on here. David that I dealt with at Wolverhampton said he'll email me any information he gets come through to him, so hopefully get some confirmed order dates etc soon.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Ben, I'm currently looking at the Q2 to replace my Mk7 Golf, may wait to see it in the showroom but knowing the quality and drive of Audi/VW group it won't disappoint.
I did look at the Q3 but feel Q2 size and modern style will be a better option. Have you decided on engine choice/colour etc? being on the conservative side the grey looks pretty cool, I did read that some of the petrol engines may be released slightly later.
Ian

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's interesting to note that the Q2 and Q3 are actually very similar in size, the Q3 being a little taller and 100mm or so longer.

The petrol/Quattro Q2 models are not due until 2017 according to the Q2 product manager at the Mayfair reveal a couple of weeks ago. Those engine drive train combinations are so far away that I've bought a 10 month old RSQ3 that's lost a massive chunk of depreciation as a relatively similar sized alternative and I'll see how the Q2 range develops.

·
Registered
37 Posts
SQ5John said:
It's interesting to note that the Q2 and Q3 are actually very similar in size, the Q3 being a little taller and 100mm or so longer.

The petrol/Quattro Q2 models are not due until 2017 according to the Q2 product manager at the Mayfair reveal a couple of weeks ago. Those engine drive train combinations are so far away that I've bought a 10 month old RSQ3 that's lost a massive chunk of depreciation as a relatively similar sized alternative and I'll see how the Q2 range develops.
Bit jealous, but could not afford the insurance, I love the sound of the RSQ3 under acceleration.

·
Administrator
417 Posts
SQ5John said:

Good luck with your new car - thanks for the input so far, your posts have been very helpful.

Stick around and hopefully we'll see you back with one of the first RSQ2's on the road!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts