Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for ways of adding cargo capacity to the roof of my Q2 through bars/racks/baskets/boxes/whatever but still being able to use/open the sunroof.

Is there any way of doing this?

Thank you so much

·
Registered
322 Posts
Would have thought you would be fine, the OEM AUDI roof rack is quite high, I went for the Thule one and it's lower but it for sure won't hit the sunroof.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The thing is that The Roof Box Company support sent me this picture:

where the issue seems to be that the bar sits on top of the roof -- not that the bars are too low.

ormesome: How much space is your bar taking from the border of the roof? I'm referring to this width:

Peripheral Input device Automotive design Grey Motor vehicle

Thank you!!

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
unai said:
The thing is that The Roof Box Company support sent me this picture:

where the issue seems to be that the bar sits on top of the roof -- not that the bars are too low.

ormesome: How much space is your bar taking from the border of the roof? I'm referring to this width:

whispbar-revised-179-image-3-900x540.jpg (900×540) 2020-02-15 23-58-09.png

Thank you!!

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
Messed up my reply by putting photos 1st! Anyway, My Thule bars seem similar to be honest. The Thule front part might be a little thinner than the ones in the photo you put up. The foot part sits over the top gutter/sill part and go on the the roof by around the same as the ones in your picture. Pictures below from the summer when I had just bought them, not sure if that helps or not though.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The Roof Box Company are really helpful, if it was me I would go with Thule as I have.
The reason being when you want to get rid or change your car Thule are really popular on the second hand market, to be fair Thule manufacture their bars for quite a few car manufacturers they may even make the one for Audi? they just put the cars badge logo or name on it, also with the Thule ones come car change time you just need to buy a different Thule foot pack (in most cases )
If you bought a car with roof rails like on some estates and SUV's then this wouldn't be the case,the aero bars are quieter at speed apparently.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Nice! Glad you got it sorted. I still personally think the Thule bars are the way to go if you don't have the sunroof but if you do then the Audi one is the only way forward. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts