Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi, we've just taken delivery of a new Q2 and we ordered a space saver on-line.
I googled 'Audi Q2 spare wheel', I chose The Wheel Shop that sold an 18" space saver for £125 with free delivery (3-5 day) [I have no connection with this seller so am not suggesting you buy from them].
It came today and we put it in the back.
The foam tray with the jack in it, etc, does do not fully sit down in the centre of the wheel - I think it is designed to sit inside an alloy wheel sitting in the wheel well - as it sits a tad high and so the plastic nut that holds them all down does not reach the centre plastic threaded rod.
We are happy to leave it there as we have the boot floor high as we carry a dog in the back all the time - this leaves plenty of room for the foam tray to sit proud of the space saver wheel.
In the future I may trim the foam down to allow it to sit down further and then I can screw the plastic nut down, but, its not a priority at the moment.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
55 Posts
Exmilade, what size are your normal wheels? If they're the 18" version you actually need a 19" Audi space saver due to differences in profile. That's probably why the foam insert isn't fitting.

I made the same mistake. You can check by lining up the spare with the normal wheels. I think you'll find it's a bit small.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for the concern but all is well.
The Wheel Shop advertised it as the correct size for the Audi Q2 with 18" wheels.
I took it out and stood it next to the 18" alloys on the vehicle and they match on overall size.
If anything, the spare is a mm or two larger as it doesn't have the weight of the car on it.
The foam insert doesn't sit inside as its a steel space saver, it looks like the insert would fit an alloy perfectly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts