Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my new SQ2 however you would of thought at the price paid that would have had

A glove Box Light
Automatic dipping headlights
A CD player that lights up so you can see it in the dark
A reversing camera that doesn't get covered in muck in wet weather that its next to useless
Be able to fit mud flaps as the rear of the car gets dirtier than any other I have owned

Having said that I still love it I am just waiting for my Audi Badges to come in black just to finish it off

·
Registered
322 Posts
1: yep rubbish. But it can be retrofitted easily.
2: Not sure but i guess it's available to be retrofitted? It might be easy especially if you have the advanced cameras for the adaptive cruise etc...
3: CD player? What's that? It's 2020!! ;)
4: The camera is the same in all Audi range, i see your point, but no way around it i dont think?
5: there are some for the S-line versions, perhaps these will fit?

·
Registered
28 Posts
My SQ2 is the standard one so only reversing sensors! it isn't too generous with kit inside , but as you say , a great car to drive! I was a bit surprised to only have a manual dipping rear mirror as my previous Skoda had that!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are right a CD player!!! and its a brand new car Looking at the The SQ2 mud flaps will not fit. The others I will just have to drive my wife's T Roc S Line as all these bits are on hers

·
Registered
110 Posts
My pet hate on the car is no illumination around the ignition barrel, I have the interior ambient lighting which does look stunning at night but is it to much to ask for a simple white ring like on the heater controls.

·
Registered
322 Posts
mr c said:
My pet hate on the car is no illumination around the ignition barrel, I have the interior ambient lighting which does look stunning at night but is it to much to ask for a simple white ring like on the heater controls.
What car did you have before the Q2 that had an illuminated ignition barrel?!! Iv never been in or owned a car that has one! Advanced key solves your worries though! Gives you a nice pulsating start button!

·
Registered
322 Posts
mr c said:
Hyundai coupe and I am pretty certain it's been on a couple of Mazdas we have had
Interesting, I had an A3, which didn't have it. It might be in some of the more expensive Audi models but I really haven't ever seen it before.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Overall really enjoying my SQ2, it is a great drive, never had such a good auto box, almost don't miss the manual. One thing I have noticed when conditions are slippery the 4WD system seems to allow some wheelspin before the rear wheels kick in and the car moves, it seems to do this a lot more than the 4WD system I had on a diesel Octavia and wondered if it was deliberate because of the high power output or related to the original fit tyres which don't seem to have much wet or cold weather grip.
We are in South Scotland so the 4wd has been tested a bit the last few weeks!

Cheers!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Vince S
I've got a fully loaded SQ2 having previously had S3s.
I had the same issue with small amounts of wheel spin if you pulled away hard which I did not get on the S3.
The issue has been resolved and the general grip/ handling improved dramatically by throwing away the Mickey Mouse tyres that were on the car.
The car came with Hankook Ventus tyres without doubt the worst rubber ever put on a high performance car. I fitted a set of Michelin Cross Climate + tyres which are amazing.
Fitting cheap tyres probably saved Audi £40 on a car costing £43000 , really not good enough.
I got the dealer to supply the Michelin's at a heavy discount as I explained I was throwing away a set of boots at 12000 mile and it was Audis fault.
The car is amazing to drive but I agree with the theme of this thread that there is too much penny pinching going on at Audi. There should be a glove box light and the rear camera should be up under the spoiler above the rear screen.
A friend with a new model S3 says it's the not the car the previous model was so the direction of travel at Audi does not bode well.
Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
110 Posts
On the note of what's on our q2 or more to the point what's not on them 😂 I am very pleased with what will be on our Q3 we ordered, it's a S Line and as our Q2 is an Edition 1 which is based on the SLine the difference in the speck level is day and night.
It may be the case the face lift Q2 has improved ? I wouldn't know we didn't look as we wanted something just a bit bigger and the Q3 fitted the brief perfectly, I won't bore you with speck level on the Q3 but I am well happy especially as I thrashed out a good deal on the new order.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi,

No light in the glove box is a real annoyance as my previous car, an Audi A1 had this as standard, so cost cutting I guess! Auto dipping headlights was an option in 2019, but this was deleted as Audi said it wasn't a popular option. I checked and it can be retrofitted but requires a new interior mirror and camera, so was costly, and in the end decided it wasn't worth it. Even more so now as I don't get out after dark that often. 😆😆

After nearly of year of owing my Q2, I find it a great car and really pleased I bought it. It's booked in for its first service next week so that will be a challenge as the instructions on what I have to do when dropping the car off are more detailed than those I was sent prior to my operation at my local hospital!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Dave ,your useful comments below: mine has Continental Premium Contact tyres on it, which seem ok in the dry, but otherwise poor. I was thinking of Cross Climate, heartening to hear they make a difference!
"The car came with Hankook Ventus tyres without doubt the worst rubber ever put on a high performance car. I fitted a set of Michelin Cross Climate + tyres which are amazing.
Fitting cheap tyres probably saved Audi £40 on a car costing £43000 , really not good enough."

1 - 15 of 15 Posts