Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting Gtechniq CS black Crystal serum professionally applied to my Q2 next week. It will take 2 days about 13 hours of work.

The process will be.

Single stage polish

Paintwork deep cleaned and if required clayed followed by a single stage machine polish using ultra fine gloss enhancing polish.Paintwork wiped down using Gtechniq panel wipe to ensure coatings form a perfect bond with cars paintwork.

Will be using CS black Crystal Serum topped with EXO* for paint work.

Rims will be deep cleaned with Gtechniq W6 iron and general fallout remover. They are then degreased and then coated with Gtechniq C5 wheel armour.

Leather seats will be protected with Gtechniq L1 leather guard.

Windscreen and all exterior glass will be deep clean and polish with Gtechniq G6 perfect glass and Gtechniq G4 Nanotech glass polish. All glass is then coated Gtechniq G1 clear vision smart glass

Dash boards door cards & carpets will be treated Gtechniq C6 matte dash and Gtechniq I1 smart smart fabric

Ultra-durable coating on exhaust tips, callipers, engine bay plastics, headlights and tail lights.

I am looking forward to how the car will look after total treatment.

Dave

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am getting it done through a local detailer.

If you go to Gtechniq site http://gtechniq.com/service/

Click on detailing services and then service estimate you then choose what service you want.

Get your estimate and a local acccrededed detailer will get in touch.

Dave

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thanks Dave . I used their website and for me elite car care in Maidenhead and kds keltec in Kent are the closest dealers.
Prices from them are similar. Only issue is that they require car for 4 working days.

Not sure which dealer to choose

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
See if you can find any reviews of each business.

With the Gtechniq product it needs to cure as such before you drive it. So it will take a few days. But worth it in the long run if it keeps the paintwork protected.
And if you have it done through a accredited detailer then you get a 7 year guarantee.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Andy sent me some pics to my phone for a taster.

I can't believe it! It's looking better than it was brand new😁

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok picked up the car. Is all i can say is wow. I did not think you could get better than new but yes you can. Andy has done a amazing job.
The paint work is now to the standard it should be. No more swirl marks.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some more pics

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yaz yes I did get the glass done as well. Dropped the car off 7am yesterday and picked it up this afternoon.

Cleaning wise don't use automatic car washes they put swirls in the paint work. You should not use the hand car washes as well. They don't use fresh water for each car so can transfer dirt grit from car to car and scratch your paintwork. They also tend to spray TFR all over the car which is not designed to be used like that and it damages paintwork and other surfaces like the glass.

So it just leaves washing the car at home. I will now just use Gtechniq products as they are designed to work together.

So I use the 2 bucket method. You have one bucket of soapy water and a bucket of clear water to rinse wash mit it.

1 snow foam to soften any dirt of the car.

2 rinse off with jet wash

3 wash with 2 bucket method.

4 rinse off with jet wash

5 dry with towel

6 I will now finish off with a custom made quick detailer that that protects the exo coating.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi Dave,
I got the gtechnic done and to be honest I am not able to make out any real difference as the car was shiny even before.
I registered for their 7 year guarantee and read their T&C's.
One of the clause is that you have to take the car back to the detailer every year.
I feel that is a bit misleading as every time you take the car back you have to get some work done which could keep piling up the cost, so its not really a 7 year guarantee.
My detailer does a gtechnic car wash for 215 plus vat.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got mine done more for the long term protection of the paint work than a improvement in the finish.
But I was impressed with the removal of swirl marks in the finish from receiving the car from the dealer.

I can understand why the car needs to been seen every year. In case of any damage to the coating. But the detailer should give a cheak over for you without nessersarly getting any work done.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looking good :)
There is nothing better than a nice clean car!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts