Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, please can someone help.

I dropped my bulb in headlight unit while trying to change them. Can't figure out how to completely remove unit .

I removed 2 torx screws from top and 1 from behind but unit still would not slide out. What am I doing wrong??

·
Registered
322 Posts
i can't help, but why where you doing this?!! surely your car is still in warranty! get Audi to do it! My old A3 was bumper off job for bulb changes!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Bulbs or the actual unit? which bulb are you changing? have you checked they are compatible and road legal? most LED bulbs are not legal and fail MOTs. The police are actively pulling people over for this. Also, most will be Canbus bulbs meaning if they dotn have this then they will produce an error code on your MMI.

I really think a headlight out is a bumper removal job, but i could be wrong as i havent had this on the Q2.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have the LED headlight as standard and have got the self levelling system and headlamp wash, I assume this will be a legal requirement like the xenons so in theory yours could fail an mot but to be fair as its a new car I would think most testers would not pick this up.
The idea of self levelling is with a heavy load in your boot the lamps would lower so you don't blind oncoming traffic

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you Aidan11. Found what I was looking for on that site &#x1f44d-1f3fd;&#x1f44d-1f3fd;. And it requires a bit of bumper removed if anyone else is wondering. Got the screen shots also.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey people, same happened to me with the daytime running lights. I somehow managed to drop the bulb into the headlight while pulling off the plug. Do i need to remove the plastic cover off the front bumper to reach the other screws? Or do i really need to remove the whole bumper?

Thankful for any help!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts