Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an underground garage with a steep and narrow ramp with curves. Hence I have to go very slowly and carefully.

On my previous car (an automatic Saab Aero) I would just give some throttle and brake at the same time to control speed.

The throttle of my Q2, however, cuts off when I brake, making the whole exercise jerky and quite unpleasant.

Am I the only one to encounter this problem, and had anyone found a solution? Is it possible to eliminate that throttle cut-out somehow?

Any and all suggestions much appreciated.

R

2019 Q2 1.0 Automatic

·
Registered
42 Posts
Put it in manual and climb it in 1st gear. Hold assist will engage if you stop fully in a steep climb.
I don't get it why would you push throttle and brake at the same time on any car.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm not really surprised this happens as most cars nowadays stop injecting fuel into the engine when you are braking to save fuel and reduce emissions.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Have you tried letting the car pull itself? It should crawl along on its own if hill hold is off (if you have this option on your car) and should be relatively easy to control.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.