Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I currently have a 2017 Q2 SLine with a four year PCP which runs out in March 2021. Have been using the Audi car configurator to build a new Q2 and have discovered that several things which I had to add as extras back in 2017 are now either included as standard or are in one of the "packs". One of the extras I added before was the High Beam Assist at £125 but it doesn't seem to feature anywhere in the configurator now. I've enquired about it with my local Audi dealer who "believes" it's now included as standard on all new Q2 models. Just wondered if anyone out there can confirm this from their own experience of the new "refreshed" Q2 model? Many thanks :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi,

Although not having checked with a dealer, but all the brochures I've read don't mention high beam assist. It looks like the Vorsprung model has this as part of the standard matrix lighting package, not any other model.

I wanted High Beam Assist on my Q2, a 2020 Black Edition model, but discovered it was deleted mid 2019 as according to Audi it wasn't a popular option! And retro fitting it wasn't possible by the dealer as the car didn't have the appropriate wiring. It is possible using one of the retro fit companies -https://www.vagcarcoding.com/ - who comes highly recommended and support one of the Audi forums

I would double check, as so often the salesperson says 'believes' and come delivery day, guess what, what they 'believed' isn't true!

·
Registered
6 Posts
About halfway through last year Audi "simplified" the Q2 offering to the UK market. They removed some options altogether & bundled other popular ones together into packs. I had a highly specified Q2 S-Line on order, with just the options I wanted (a lot) before the changes were made. Sadly, it had not been allocated a build week when Audi made the changes, so it was not possible to have the car. Order cancelled.

In Nov 2019 I ordered a Q2 S-Line that had about 90% of what I wanted on it from the original order. Took delivery on about the 10th Jan this year, so the build was fast. In order to get all the extras I wanted on the car, I'd have had to go for the Vorsprung trim level, which comes in at over the all-important £40k.

The main options I had to forego were lane assist, head-up display, adaptive cruise control & advanced key.

Interestingly, if you are an Audi customer in Germany, the full list of individual options is still available to you so you can pick and choose the ones you want. (Yes, there are some packs available of common selections, which normally carry a slight cost saving) but you can build a totally bespoke Audi in Germany.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for feedback. I'm now told by the Audi salesman that he was mistaken in thinking it was standard on all models, He's now discovered that it's no longer offered, and that the only way you can get something similar is to go with the new Digital Matrix LED headlights at an additional cost of £975.00 (gulp!) Afraid that means I shan't be able to have High Beam Assist on my new Q2, which feels like a backward step.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi,

Definitely a backward step, but as ever, Audi thinks it knows best!

·
Registered
322 Posts
But you don't need high beam assist with Matrix LED so it's not really a backward step. I get that it could be seen as a backward step but that's because we are comparing to the time when LED was the highest category lights you could get on the Q2, which isn't the case now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts