Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or in other words how not to pay the ridiculously expensive Cubic Telecom data plans?

Is there any way to go into the MIB 3 system and modify the eSIM number?

I've try Google / YouTube and literally everywhere and haven't found answer...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you send me a photo of where exactly in the glove box? It would be much easier to use my own O2 account which I have 40 gigabyte allowance and I'm already pay for it.

I don't feel like to spend more money for another SIM and another package...

If it's make sense...

·
Registered
322 Posts
If your in the UK the deal isn't too bad. 60gb for 98pounds is reasonable considering it is for a year and you can use it all over the EU. I pay 98chf and only get 25gb!

Don't forget that once you put in a different sim then ALL your data is used via that sim so be sure to get a MASSIVE data allowance. All Audi Connect mapping including the GoogleMaps overlay etc etc goes to default from the new sim you input, no way to change this.

Also, CUbic Telecom is ONLY for the Wifi hotspot. Why do you want this if you already have a simcard with 40gb?? just make a hotspot with your phone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it's a matter of principle! Why they have decided to tie me up with CUBIC?! It's remind me the EU regulations about Microsoft Windows and internet explorer. I would like to decide which provider to use in my car! Is it really so complicated to change your eSim number?

·
Registered
322 Posts
dicapri said:
I think it's a matter of principle! Why they have decided to tie me up with CUBIC?! It's remind me the EU regulations about Microsoft Windows and internet explorer. I would like to decide which provider to use in my car! Is it really so complicated to change your eSim number?
You can change the provider! just put in your simcard in the MMI in the glovebox and your done. However, if you have Audi Connect services already and you have a mobile phone simcard contract with 40gb then. don't see the need to change anything! you don't need wifi, you have a phone sim with 40gb.

However, if you don't have Audi Connect services then i understand that its easier and cheaper to put in the simcard.

Im assuming you have the simcard slot in the Mmi in the glovebox?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ormesome said:
dicapri said:
You can change the provider! just put in your simcard in the MMI in the glovebox and your done. However, if you have Audi Connect services already and you have a mobile phone simcard contract with 40gb then. don't see the need to change anything! you don't need wifi, you have a phone sim with 40gb.

However, if you don't have Audi Connect services then i understand that its easier and cheaper to put in the simcard.

2021 models only have eSIM

·
Registered
322 Posts
dicapri said:
ormesome said:
dicapri said:

2021 models only have eSIM
OK I'm not sure then. Call up Audi? VAG Car Coding are quite good. Contact Alex and see if he can help? Also, try the Audi Sport.net forum, perhaps people on there could help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts