Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,
I'm thinking seriously about buying a Q2 due to a nice fat tax rebate - but what I'm wondering is, do they have twiddly mirrors?
Twiddly mirrors is when they move by themselves when you park - I'm not wanting to move my mirrors manually when I park anymore - please advise as this may be the Deal Breaker!

·
Registered
63 Posts
It is an option in UK for both sides, I have it on my S Line, they fold on locking if you set it on the MMI or fold on the switch in the drivers armrest at other times. They are heated and the left side dips when selecting reverse.

·
Registered
76 Posts
@ justitiaru2000

You were right the first time, man.

Yes, the passenger side mirror will automatically move down by itself when you park. The first time you use it with rear shift, you adjust it manually to the position you want. After that, every time you go rear to park with the mirror selector pointed to the right one, it will automatically adjust to the position it memorized before. And when you leave the park, after a few seconds it will revert to his original position.

Keep in mind that this option is only included with auto fold mirrors. Manual ones don't have this tech, obviously.

And yes, they also auto fold when you lock the car and unfold when you start the engine (as long as you choose so in the MMI settings).

P.S. - I'm talking about the right mirror but I'm in Switzerland. If you are in UK, it would be the left one. ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
There is a slight down side with leaving the mirror selector set to the passenger mirror (which you have to do if you want it to dip automatically when you reverse).
It means you have turned off the heater elements to the mirrors. Personally I prefer to have them on during the winter and flick the dial around when I need the kerb view. Quite often you need the wider view before getting to the kerb, or reversing into a perpendicular car space.
That said, it is 3 notches on the dial, as you have to go the long way around to avoid the manual close selector.
To understand this clearer, thinking of the dial as a clock:-
10 = left selector
12 = lock
2 = right selector
4. = heaters
8. = manual fold/unfold
When I placed my order in Nov 2016 it was an extra £200. I could have had them auto dimming for £250 which I believe is now the only option.
Also had to pay £75 for hill start, which is now standard.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Auto dimming is for the main interior mirror. Not the side ones.

That said, I don't know what's the problem... You need to reverse, you pick that selection. You need to heat the mirrors, you pick that selection. You don't want anything, you pick the lock selection. You do whatever you want. So, I don't see any trouble here.

·
Registered
29 Posts
No problem, just personal preference!
Was just trying to help Simon with his original question above.

To clarify, this is from the current UK configurator:-

Auto-dimming rear-view mirror with light and rain sensor
125.00 GBP
Door mirrors (folding with auto-dimming function) 275.00 GBP

1.4TFSI S tropic Glacier White Manhatten blades LED headlight pack Folding Mirrors Light and Rain Sensor with auto dim rear view mirror
Hill Hold assist Privacy Glass Spacesaver spare Wheel Flat bottom Steering wheel Dual Zone climate control Matt brushed aluminium trim Side assist with rear cross traffic assist Park assist

·
Registered
76 Posts
Daytel said:
No problem, just personal preference!
Was just trying to help Simon with his original question above.

To clarify, this is from the current UK configurator:-

Auto-dimming rear-view mirror with light and rain sensor
125.00 GBP
Door mirrors (folding with auto-dimming function) 275.00 GBP

1.4TFSI S tropic Glacier White Manhatten blades LED headlight pack Folding Mirrors Light and Rain Sensor with auto dim rear view mirror
Hill Hold assist Privacy Glass Spacesaver spare Wheel Flat bottom Steering wheel Dual Zone climate control Matt brushed aluminium trim Side assist with rear cross traffic assist Park assist
Oh... we don't have that part in the Swiss configurator. Or maybe I missed it. Gonna check...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts