Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

After a lot of thinking, viewing the Q2 in Sheffield and trekking up to Manchester to see the Toyota CHR today to compare the two, I've finally gone and ordered myself a 1.4 TFI Sport. I've gone for the Ara Blue with contrasting Manhattan Grey blades and bumpers. The Arla Blue looks stunning on the R8, so I'm hoping it will look good on the Q2. The RS paint swatch at the dealers looked sweet. I've gone for a few extras too including the virtual cockpit, side and cross lane assist, park assist, hill hold assist (for neatness) , folding mirrors and spare wheel etc. All the extras soon add up!

Cheers
Rich

·
Registered
68 Posts
Good choice, I think it will suit the Arla Blue.

Virtual Cockpit is a must (And I'm sure Audi know it hence the option!).

Any indication of build or delivery date at all?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Q2Fever said:
Good choice, I think it will suit the Arla Blue.

Virtual Cockpit is a must (And I'm sure Audi know it hence the option!).

Any indication of build or delivery date at all?
I think I must have been able to reconfigure one of the dealers allocations, as despite placing the order in early October it says the order was placed in August. Build date is 14 November. Wasn't actually expecting the car until the number plate change in March. Lets see how the order progresses. Cheers

·
Registered
32 Posts
Looks like a similar thing has happened for me - received my order confirmation email from Audi today.

I placed the order with the dealer 18th September, but on the system it shows the order date as 3rd August, and the car has a build date of 21st November.

Obviously I'm very pleased to see that I could be getting it a few weeks earlier than I originally expected! :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
When I got chance to see the Q2 up close on the Dealer Tour in Leeds I was pleasantly surprised by its presence/size.

Having done lots of research (hours of reading initial reviews and watching video reviews on youtube - the 45 minute
Autogefühl review is a particularly interesting one) -
) - I'd almost already decided it was the car I wanted so I was hoping it wasn't going to look smaller in reality than I thought - that definitely didn't turn out to be the case - it actually seemed much bigger than I expected.

Most reviews confirm it somehow feels more spacious inside than the A3 - the measurements of the interior are almost identical to the A3. The car is only a tiny bit shorter overall than the A3 (the wheelbase is almost identical), and the Q2 has a slightly larger boot, and things like the progressive steering as standard. All positives from my point of view.

Before the launch of the Q2 I was probably looking at Audi Q3 or A3 to replace my current Ford Focus. However I'm not a massive fan of the body shape of the Q3, and I know what a great car the A3 is but the styling hasn't really changed much over the years, so it looks a little boring to me.

Along comes the Q2 "crossover" with a 'quirky' design, some great features, large boot (for the class) and A3-size interior, and with some very positive reviews and seeing it in the flesh my mind was made up, and I placed the order that weekend. I like the idea of the slightly higher ride-height, but still want it to feel like an agile hatchback car rather than a bigger SUV, and noted Audi's description of "go-kart handling", and the progressive steering. It's costing a fair bit with various options but can't wait to get it. Hopefully not too many weeks away now......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts