Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At last - seems like I've been waiting for an age to get the order in! I've gone for the 1.4 Sport petrol, automatic with the tilt and slide sunroof and a host of other add ons in Nano grey. Thought about ordering that new blue but every picture I've seen makes it look slightly different and I'm not sure it's for me. Anyway my dealer says I can change the colour right up until they start building and she'll get me swatches to look at. Delivery before end November hopefully, nice early Christmas present. Oh, and absolutely NO DISCOUNTS available - if you wants one you pays the full Audi price :-(

Only think I'm not too sure about is the bumpers - with my combinations I can't have self coloured bumpers...... might have to get a can of paint out :) (only joking)...

Who else has ordered, come on, don't be shy.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Kathy, congrats :)

I was looking at Sport spec too but I was disappointed to find you can't order the 19" multi spoke wheels with Sport spec, ridiculous being as loads of press pics have had those wheels with the Vegas yellow!

Looks like S-Line spec for me in Ibis White or the Ara Blue which looks lovely with the 19's, spec I want is close on £32k! Good job I'm going for on lease, might try and get up dealership this weekend, put my deposit down in March!

I'll update soon as and when I've specced one up, decided to go manual this time as I had a few issues with the DSG on my Mk7 Golf GTD that bugged me.

Ben

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Congrats on your order, I'm unsure about Arla blue, never seen a 'crystal' paint finish before, don't know much about it either.

I don't think anyone will see discounts for months yet, maybe even a year or so if demand is high.

Your specification sounds good, I'm playing with the configurator but it's scary how much you can spec it up to!

·
Registered
81 Posts
It's all personal choice but If you are thinking of white I can recommend the glacier white .. I've got that on my q3 now and it's a great colour sort of sparkles in the sun .. Much more than ibis I think.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I ordered an S-Line on Saturday in Mythos Black with nearly £8K of extras !
Had a call from the dealer today to say that it is at a status 10; has a provisional production date commencing 14th November although that sometimes is brought forward. If not, it would be early December before I take delivery.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry to be ignorant, but what is status 10? Sounds to me like you are saying Audi prioritise their orders based on what add-ons you order? If so then I'm hoping I'll be up there too. Dealer says she can't give me a build week until next week though.

Interesting that Carwow are discounting already.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi,

It was new to me but actually status 10 is the first status. The next is 20 when the work is officially confirmed (I guess a 20 is the actual week production will happen). I'm assuming it will be a while before a status 20 can be guaranteed.

Hopefully you should get your confirmation very early next week although if I had mine yesterday I would have thought your dealer would have yours by tomorrow.

Apparently Audi email you directly at some point with your official order number and you can track this yourself. Not had anything from them yet though.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Just found a list of status codes...

Status 10 - your car has a rough week number
Status 20 - your week no has been confirmed
Status 30 - parts gathering
Status 38 - the car has been built
Status 39 - its on the train to Emden in Germany
Status 40 - it is at UK port (Sheerness, Grimsby or Tyne)
Status 50 - transport to dealer
Status 70 - Dealer

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've had some feedbackback from my dealer and mine has a build week of week 3 next year which is 16 Jan17 so delivery is early feb :eek: i was hoping to get it before christmas as my car needs mot but i suppose it might move forward. I remember last time i ordered my q3 like this it depended on options as there was a delay in pan roofs or something like that.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Wow... I would not be impressed with the 3rd week of Jan... especially if the reason you are changing is to avoid the cost of putting it through the MOT. I'd think I would want to know what items potentially are contributing to the delay so perhaps you could adjust your config. A shame the dealer could not give any indication of certain options impacting the lead time.

Hope it is brought forward for you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ah - I see, re status codes. I can now appear to be knowledgeable and ask my dealer what status code I am at :D

Goodness Vern. February???!!! That's six months away! :shock:
My sales lady's on her hols at the moment, but she said she'd get back to me early next week with the provisional build date - I'm hoping that I don't have to wait until 2017 for it - I want it NOW........

·
Registered
71 Posts
6 months away, i'd cancel and re-order once its discounted , the Tiguan has already got £1K off with a finance deal.
I'll go and look but due the the options cost and rear pillar colour options i'm favouring an X1.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
dtaylor said:
I'd think I would want to know what items potentially are contributing to the delay so perhaps you could adjust your config. A shame the dealer could not give any indication of certain options impacting the lead time.

Hope it is brought forward for you.
I agree, maybe mention the forum and the fact people have got build dates this year, ask them what's holding yours up.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Does anyone know if there are any Q2's actually in the UK that we can view? I'd like to seriously consider this car, but really need to see it in the flesh first. Would Audi ever do such a thing like arranging a preview for forum members?

Cheers
Rich

·
Registered
179 Posts
Not sure if there are Q2's in the UK at the moment. I saw one at the Goodwood Festival a couple of months ago albeit left hand drive. They typically will do a tour of dealerships at some point as well as holding other events to try and attract business, especially now we can order. Lots of people will not spend that kind of money until they get to see they car and even more so, until they can test drive it. I always think that the first purchases should get a discount as they are effectively advertising for them once they get the cars on the road and would also enable them to gauge demand and get some orders on the books.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rich - Yes, my dealer told me that there is a Q2 doing a tour of the dealerships. It's coming very close to me in early October. I'm away then, but I gather the tour must be started fairly soon. There is certainly one coming within 50 miles of me (West Midlands) in September.

I think I'd cancel my order too if I had to wait until February, keeps your options open.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.