Audi Q2 Forum banner

LED DRL dead!

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  edeon.famous4life 
#1 ·
Hi Forum

This is a long shot but my 2017 Audi Q2 S-Line has a DRL out on the Near Side, the LED clusters, not standard! I am aware that the light cluster is a sealed unit and in the Audi Manual with the car is says that these lights are "Maintenance free" and that Audi need to repair them.. Well I point blank refuse to pay a grand to replace a light cluster just because and LED is out.. Personally I think it is a joke that a light that should last 10 years dies just after the warranty runs out! The car is currently in an extended warranty but lights and light clusters are not covered.

My question is this, Is there anyway these can be replaced without having to buy a whole new unit? has anyone else experienced this?

See less See more
#2 ·
Talk to your dealer. They normally do goodwill gestures if only just out of warranty. Especially if you have an extended warranty with them. I think you have quite a valid case.

BTW, why do you mention "non standard" in your post?

#3 ·
Hi Ormesome

Thanks for the fast reply

I've spoke to the dealers, its out of warranty, end of story with them. That's why I am here asking if they can be repaired without having to buy a whole new unit. I have tried everything in terms of the main dealer already I'm afraid!

As for the headlights question, I had to explain this to the Audi Service rep on the phone, so thought I better add it here also.

Standard Lights: 5 mins to change a DRL bulb

Non standard, as is Optional Extra or S-Line and above (I believe), Matrix LED Lights: impossible to change you need to new light cluster costing around £800

#4 ·
Hi,

The dealer is trained to say that as they make money doing this type of work so will always quote those immortal words 'it's out of warranty and there's nothing we can do". Call Audi customer service in the morning and talk to them. Tell them you've spoke to the dealer but they weren't any help and then point out that the car isn't that old and as you say these lights should last many years, not just three!

Try and keep calm, and be as factual as possible as they can authorise goodwill repairs. Make sure you have all the details about the fault and information about the cars history.

If this fails, then best to search online for the part from one of the many car breakers as that should keep the cost down.

Good luck

#5 ·
Geh2020 said:
Hi,

The dealer is trained to say that as they make money doing this type of work so will always quote those immortal words 'it's out of warranty and there's nothing we can do". Call Audi customer service in the morning and talk to them. Tell them you've spoke to the dealer but they weren't any help and then point out that the car isn't that old and as you say these lights should last many years, not just three!

Try and keep calm, and be as factual as possible as they can authorise goodwill repairs. Make sure you have all the details about the fault and information about the cars history.

If this fails, then best to search online for the part from one of the many car breakers as that should keep the cost down.

Good luck
Thank you, I never actually thought of calling their customer services, I'd only ever tried the main dealer. I'll give them a ring tomorrow..