Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

This is Ruby, new member to the forum. Recently bought a plate 70 Audi Q2 TFSI 35. Within 2 months, 2 incidents of low engine oil pressure, which requires to turn of the engine. Which both times happened while I was driving on a busy road, hence really concern about safety. My vehicle has been recovered to the dealership waiting for diagnosis for the second incident at the moment. The report received from the first incident showed no fault and no action required.

I'm frustrated with the significant inconvenience caused and this has also caused significant mental stress as I'm working as a key worker for the pandemic.

I'd be grateful if anyone can offer any advice and suggestion for the above matter.

Thank you:)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi,

Sorry to hear about the issue.

Firstly, have you been given a car while yours is in the garage? If not, demand one now. Audi Assist can help if the dealer is being an arse. Second, put a formal complaint in writing to the dealer principle saying this is the second time the fault has appeared you have the right to reject the car. This isn't easy, but it sends the message to the dealer you aren't going to be messed about. Whatever you do, don't get fobbed off by some half wit who treats you like an imbecile, and unfortunately they will wriggle, so stand firm, but be polite as having a head fit won't help.

Keep records of calls, email, and dates as these are invaluable if you need to reject the car.

So please call the dealer now, and demand a car, and if they have gone home, call Audi Assist.

Good luck.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Have you checked the oil level?

A while back, after a few hours on the motorway, my oil pressure light came on. When I got home the first thing that I did was to check the oil level and it was low. Topped it up and never had an issue since. Always worth checking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts