Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

Has anyone here attempted to replace mirror covers caps? I have seen a very nice silver Matt ones same to the ones used on SQ2 and I would be interested in replacing the black oem ones on my Q2 sline..

Only thing I'm a bit concern about breaking the mirror when removing and then not sure how many components will need to take out the mirror to release the covers..

Any help will be appreciated!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've seen a few YouTube videos on the A3, so have a look as it's not too difficult other than removing the mirror lens. I'm sure I read instructions for the Q2 somewhere on the internet, but as usual can't locate it but will keep looking.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let me know if you can find them I have been looking for a while now but no instructions particularly of the Q2.. cannot be much different of the A3 although the clips on the cover seems to be positioned differently..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is brilliant Ian!! Many thanks for that.. so is just take out the mirror with some suction cup and then release the 3 clips and the cover comes out..so no disconnecting cables or unscrewing anything.. how long you will say it took you?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
True is a pity.. I had also a sline A3 8v before this with black pack and the dynamic indicators on the mirrors were looking so nice.. next retrofit rear camera although I only have rear parking sensors.. hopefully done by Djalix :) I'm waiting for a quote :)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Yeah I want the camera done too. I think he quoted me £400-450ish. Can't remember exactly but that was around a year ago. I want to get that, the door puddle lights and also adaptive cruise but I know that's gonna be costly so might not do it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
There is a company that sell the dynamic indicators for the mirrors, the main issue with them is they are so short its hardly noticeable.

if you are on Instagram look at ikaruga1026

They are $35

·
Registered
322 Posts
IanQ2 said:
There is a company that sell the dynamic indicators for the mirrors, the main issue with them is they are so short its hardly noticeable.

if you are on Instagram look at ikaruga1026

They are $35
I'm on the insta profile but can't see the Q2 option though?

Edit: forget that, I see them, yeah a bit short but might be worth it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.