Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I picked up my Q2 yesterday - loving it so far.

The only thing I can't get my head around with this being my first Audi is how to link my MMI smart phone app to my car. I was under the assumption that with it being a new model it would be able to be unlocked from my smart phone etc. I've done some digging and I've found this link:
https://www.audiusa.com/content/dam/audiusa/Documents/Audi-Connect-Setup-Guide.pdf

I know it's the USA website but pretty sure the same concept applies. My issue is, when I get to stage 3 where it tells me to go into 'Audi connect user management' this option doesn't seem to show up so I'm unable to complete the final step and get it working.

Does anyone know if the MMI app is a feature that works on the Q2? It's not a must have, but would be cool to be able to unlock/lock the car from my device.

If it is, how did you get the app linked to your car?

Thanks in advance

Luke

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi

I'm also really struggling with this!

Within the MMI connect app on my iPhone I have the following:

TICK - MMI connection activated

TICK - Wif-active on telephone

TICK - Connection to vehicle ready

CROSS - Initiate connection to MMI in myAudi app

I have no idea what to do on the fourth stage to get it to complete..?! I've read about entering a 10 digit code that you scratch off from the key - I can't see anywhere to enter this on the Audi Connect options!

My understanding with Carplay is that you have to plug in via a USB cable and this then works, but this cannot be wireless.

Do you know if you need to buy another SIM card to insert into the glove box? I'd rather avoid this but not sure what else this gives you...

Adam

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I've done some digging with this, spoken to Audi customer services too. The Q2 doesn't have the ability to be remotely unlocked via the app or anything like this regardless of how many extras you put on the car. You are however, able to use the Audi MMI app to send map locations to the car but that is literally about it.

I find this disappointing when I've spent a lot of money to upgrade the entertainment system such as the virtual cockpit, seems like Audi have been a bit selective with what features to include.

CarPlay should work automatically when you plug your phone in, you should be prompted with a messsage on both the MMI and the iPhone.

I have managed to link my car with my google account, so rather than use the awful Audi app, from the desktop I'm able to send google map destinations to my car which is pretty good.

But I can not for the life of me get the Twitter app working on the car, when you go into it it prompts you to go onto Audi's website, the website then prompts you to set the account up on the app - eventually when finding this I went to add my twitter account and all I get is a server error message. I've raised this with Audi customer services and I got a generic reply that was not helpful at all. I've emailed back but yet to receive a reply. I'm extreamly disappointed with the experience with these features so far, I'm hoping Audi get back to me with some useful fix for this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice one thanks for sharing @Q2luke - although bit disappointing to hear

Do you have a separate SIM card inserted? I'm trying to establish what additional (if any) functionality this would provide.

What I am struggling with, is say I want to use Apple Music to stream music that's not saved on my phone, I don't have a live data connection on my phone to be able to do so - I will try and turn on the 'Personal Hotspot' as suggested but this seems crazy!

Do you now how to raise Siri when using Apple Car Play ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
discoadz said:
Nice one thanks for sharing @Q2luke - although bit disappointing to hear

Do you have a separate SIM card inserted? I'm trying to establish what additional (if any) functionality this would provide.

What I am struggling with, is say I want to use Apple Music to stream music that's not saved on my phone, I don't have a live data connection on my phone to be able to do so - I will try and turn on the 'Personal Hotspot' as suggested but this seems crazy!

Do you now how to raise Siri when using Apple Car Play ?
Hi, as far as I'm aware the only extra functionality of using your own sim is to enable it to be used as a personal hotspot that your devices can connect to, you can also go to the Audi website and purchase data plans for this to be added onto the embedded SIM card but it is rather pricey. If you have your own sim inserted, all the google maps data etc will be eating away at the data on your sim rather than the embedded one, so although you get the hotspot you will not have the free data Audi provide.

I think if your phone is commented to CarPlay, if you press and hold on the speech button on the right of your wheel it automatically activates Siri -not 100% but worth a try.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts