Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my local dealership on the phone to remind me about my first MOT (already been done elsewhere) and they also said that a brake fluid change would normally be done at this time as well (£70) so wanted to book my Q2 in.

Is this normal procedure, and how critical is it? I'm surprised it's not normally done or offered at service intervals.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Normal. Think all Audi's and cars, in general, have their brake fluid replaced at 3yrs from new and then every 2yrs after that. It's on their website under servicing outlines. It isn't offered at service intervals as the brake fluid change probs didnt match up to your normal oil service timeline. Some do, like mine, but most don't. I got lucky and did it all in one go at 3rd year.

https://www.audi.co.uk/account/fixed-price-services.html#/fixPrice?id=45&serviceCode=BFC

If you have an S-Tronic then don't forget that your Haldex oil should be replaced every 20,000 miles and the filter replaced every 40,000 miles. After that, the S-Tronic oil from the main gearbox should be replaced every 38,000 miles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts