Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was just wondering what MPG people were getting with the various types of engines and gearboxes.
I have a Q2 S-Line 1.4 TFSI with DSG and my average is 41.4mpg over 500 miles driven so far.
Let us know what you are getting.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My wife drives a 1.6tdi Q2 S line with standard alloys fitted......around town 45 plus everyday......on longer journey over from Aberdeen to our daughters house in Fort William on a mixture of A and B roads, including the notorious Lecht A939 road, her Q2 easily is returning 55 mpg.....with her best to date being 57.8 mpg !......car to date has completed under 1,200 miles since November 2016

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mixonic2 said:
Hi, I was just wondering what MPG people were getting with the various types of engines and gearboxes.
I have a Q2 S-Line 1.4 TFSI with DSG and my average is 41.4mpg over 500 miles driven so far.
Let us know what you are getting.
I have just checked my MPG again using the tank topping method over a full tank and my real world figures are 35.2 mpg and not as previously thought 41.4 according to the onboard computer. Very disapointed :(

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just filled up my q2 1.6tdi s tronic, got 45 litres in it, did 500 miles to first tank, one long journey and plenty of small journeys.
Dealer filled the tank and gauge showed full but unsure how many litres they put in.
On board computer says i am averaging 53mpg, it did show 59mpg on single journey when it 300 miles motorway driving.
Will see what this tank full does.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Picked up my Audi Q2 1.6TDI SE Model 3 weeks ago. Filled the tank, it did just under 400 miles to the first tank! I'm a bit concerned with that. Not sure if the car needs to be 'run in'? I'm in Ireland so all the fuel consumption is Liter/100km, however i generally gauge it on how many miles i get to a full tank. I've gotten 640km (398 miles) from the full tank (mixture of city and a couple of long journeys). I've contacted the dealer to see if this is normal, but i expected a much better mpg than that. Car now needs to refuel, so will fill again and see how i do on the next full tank of diesel. Fingers crossed it gets better!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
My initial impression is that my a3 1.4tfsi petrol was more economical on mileage than my q2 1.6tdi. 53mpg over 12000 miles in the a3
However i have done some more long distance to my second tank so will see when this tank empties.
Done 800 miles so far. ( computer said 60mpg on my 260 mile all motorway round trip last sat but i dont believe it.)

·
Registered
143 Posts
I am showing 43 on the dis.

But only put my first tank in so will not know real mpg till I get a few tanks.

I use fuelly to track mpg,a useful site. It gives you a lot of data. After you have been using it for a while.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks. I might give that site a go and see how i get on. As it's only the first tank of fuel, i am hoping it will settle into itself once i fill it again on Friday. Will update once i use my second tank with the stats. Thanks again. :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Ok done my first proper trip and second fill up so have accurate mpg figures for first tank

Long term diss says 41.8 mpg

Real world 39.9 mpg so pretty accurate. It will be interesting to see how that follows over time

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Oh also filling up with Tesco momentum 99 Ron. As Audi recommend 95Ron. I will use this say for the first 1000 miles and then try normal unleaded for the next 1000 miles and see how they compare.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I was hoping to get 42/45 mpg.

Not far off and early days. So will work at it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just filled up for second time, average 52mpg, mostly motorway driving. Mainly cruise at 65mph 1.6 tdi s tronic.
Mileage divided by gallons filled up with thus real time, on board computer says 55 mpg.
Disappointed tbh

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm currently only getting approx 35mpg. Extemely dissapointed. It's about half of what i expected!! Will fill tank again a couple of times, but if performance doesn't improve, i'll be returning to dealership to have them investigate.

·
Registered
36 Posts
With my audi a3 saloon 1.4tfsi petrol i used to get abt 53mpg overall, audi figures 70mpg extra urban.
With my q2 1.6tdi s tronic i am getting ant 52mpg overall, audi figures 68mpg extra urban, so guess it equates ie abt 15mpg
Less than they advertise in the figures

·
Registered
143 Posts
The figures they give are alway optimistic being done on a rolling road.

But I filled up yesterday and got real world figure of 44.3 mpg on this tank. So a increase of 4.3 mpg. It's going the right way. But if it stays around that level I would be happy.

Dave

·
Registered
36 Posts
Agreed dave they are always optimistic, was just comparing my a3 petrol figures to my q2 diesel figures and thus the real mpg i am getting is abt the same, which is to be expected given the similar audi test figures.

Travelled 130 miles home from birmingham today, computer said i was doing 66mpg, fuel guage only dropped slightly.
Will see what real figures next time i fill up.now done 1500 miles on bpard computer says 56mpg overall, which seems to
Be more or less correct against miles done to fuel purchased.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Now done over 2000 miles and last two fill ups reveal 57mpg mainly motorway driving on 100 mile plus journeys.
535 to 555 miles and approx 9.3/9.5 gallons used.
Quite happy now. 1.6tdi s tronic

1 - 20 of 63 Posts