Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took a trip to Teesside Audi. It was in their showroom, all open so you can sit, poke, open and play with it all you like.

Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Tire Wheel

Left hand drive and very heavily kitted out, it had pretty much every option.

It arrived first thing on a trailer (along with a lovely LHD S5 coupe also doing a tour). It also had its own detailing team to clean it all up once on display!

Speaking with a sales advisor it had a lot of interest, a fair number had booked slots to see it and plenty of couples in throughout the day.

When I was there around 6.00pm around 4 couples were in to see it. Average age seemed to be 35 - 45.

Exterior

The size is in-between an A3 and Q3. It doesn't look that tall but when you sit in you do feel like you're climbing aboard and it has a decent view all around.

This car was in Vegas Yellow, not something I would pick but it does show off the lines of the car very well. The side in particular with the big creases in looks very good and different to anything else I've seen.

The side blades look fine, decent quality material, does make the car look sporty and you can tell the rear roof slopes back a bit. I like them.

Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Plant

The lights were fantastic, decent front LED driving lights. The rear lights were very nice, not what I was expecting, they are 3D and have big deep creases in them that when lit up look amazing. I tried to photograph them but they don't do it justice.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Grille

Car Vehicle Grille Hood Automotive lighting

This car had a rear parking camera tucked away under the boot handle.

Twin exhausts.

Car Land vehicle Tire Wheel Vehicle

Dark grey body mouldings and side blades.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interior

The seating position feels very good, still feels sporty. It had a flat bottomed steering wheel which was very nice.

Plant Gear shift Motor vehicle Light Steering part

All materials inside were very good, high quality and a really nice place to be and touch things.

Little touches really impressed me - the rear view mirror for example was frameless, looked like a pair of glasses, very smart!

Car Vehicle Tire Hood Automotive lighting

Digital Dash looked fantastic as does the wide screen full sized sat Nav screen. There was a touch pad and scroll wheel for the MMI system.

Car Speedometer Vehicle Steering part Trip computer

Glove box was a decent size.

Similar to the A3 interior but does carry a lot of improvements. Interior space I would say is bigger in the Q2.

Office equipment Automotive exterior Vehicle door Bumper Gas

I am 6 3' and found plenty of space for me in the front. With my seat in the correct position I couldn't sit behind the seat but someone like my wife would be fine.

Headroom in the back fine for me.

Isofix fittings in the back.

Rear seats fold down, I didn't see a ski hatch or centre armrest in the rear.

Boot was a good size, flat load bay, it does lift up and there was some limited space underneath.

Vehicle Fixture Car Trunk Van

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Amazing review and photo's q2fever. The detail of the car was extremely comprehensive and certainly did it justice. I'd go far as saying I haven't read anything better from professional hacks. Very well done fella!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As promised here are some videos I took.

Walk around exterior view of the Audi Q2:

Audi Q2 Side View:

A look at the front of the Audi Q2:

Audi Q2 Interior View:

Audi Q2 Boot Space:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi All

So I went up to see the Q2 at Shefield today and I can now say I'm really tempted. The car looks really good and my initial misgivings re what I thought looked like VW Polo rear light clusters and the floating blades were totally banished. The lights have their own style and look really slick. The floating blades also help to accentuate the sloping roof line - it has almost Evoque like feel to it. I also got to see a swatch of the blue, which I liked.

I'm now seriously considering buying this car, but I don't want to pay full price. It looks like the Car Wow discounts have been pulled. Perhaps demand is outstripping supply. Has anyone else managed to negotiate a discount?

Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Great pics - I went to the Leeds event. I was quite impressed - ride height not much different to my Q3 - the extra height is really in the curve of the roof. The side indent looked better than I expected. like always some penny pinching - the parcel shelf is like its made of paper / really bendy and the door cards in the middle have some very cheap plastics - my Q3 has padded cloth. Glass area is small but gives it a sporty look and the inside is lovely.

Overall impressions good. I'll keep my order going but will be very disappointed if it goes past week 3 17 build - especially as I am selling my car to the dealer on 1 December and getting a short term lease till it arrives.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Also went to the Leeds event on Friday 16th. Was really keen to see the Q2 up close as been doing lots of reading, lots of research, looking at comparisons between the Q2 and my existing Ford Focus, and also how it compares across all the specifications with A3, Q3, and some cars from other manufacturers which I may have considered. Also been viewing various YouTube review videos, with the 45 min from Autogefuhl particularly useful as it's such a detailed look at the car. (German presenter but English-speaking and well worth a watch, or more than once in my case!)

Thought the Q2 seemed bigger and had more presence than I expected. I was concerned it may turn out to look smaller than I expected but it was the exact opposite. Plenty of room for me, my wife and daughter, and gives us everything we have now and much, much more. Impressed with the roominess, the boot space and can't wait to get my hands on my first Audi. Seeing it in reality just reaffirmed my decision that this is the car I want. Been playing around with the configurator for the past month, and carefully working out which options to go for, which I could live without, and filling gaps in my knowledge about them where necessary, to help make an informed decision.

Went back to the Leeds dealership yesterday and placed the order for an 1.4 TFSI (manual) S Line in Daytona Grey, with silver blade. Looks like it's going to be at least March before I get my hands on it, but thought it was time to join the queue, before demand increases even further.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Went to Audi Cheshire Oaks to have a look at the Q2 while it was there for the day, it wasn't busy so had a good look around.
Overall I'm impressed, the design is well thought out and looks very modern particularly compared to the Q3 which will probably be updated 2017/18.
I thought the rear of the car may look a little unusual, ref the picstures, but viewing the car has changed my mind and the sculptured rear lights make a change. The front grill on the car is impressive and the designed body panels make the car look expensive - which it is when you spec up the options. As mentioned by OP's the door cards have cheaper plastic but should clean ok and the glove box lid is probably too big as it catches on your knees when dropped down.
I'm still in two minds as regards the price when I add my options, as there are no discounts around at present I'm going to wait and also see how it drives, if the rides ok on the s line with 18" wheels I can drop the adaptive suspension and maybe the tech pack!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts