Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IanQ2 said:
Welcome, the Nano looks great.

As for the lights, to upgrade you need the light unit itself, a wiring loom and then coding to get them to work.

All parts for the upgrade can be purchased through Kufatec although it does state not suitable for right hand drive vehicles!

https://www.kufatec.com/en/audi/q2/q2-ga/bundle-led-taillights-with-dynamic-turn-signal-for-audi-q2-ga-42055
Thank you! So even though it does have the rear led lights it is still a case of new units and not just a new wiring loom and coding?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Is it new? The sweeping effect is an optional extra in Europe but I thought it was standard in the UK for LED equipped cars. Maybe take it back to the dealer and see if it's been left out in error.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pauluk said:
Is it new? The sweeping effect is an optional extra in Europe but I thought it was standard in the UK for LED equipped cars. Maybe take it back to the dealer and see if it's been left out in error.
It's one year old but an se so I am thinking the previous owner has had these fitted but maybe not coded?

·
Registered
322 Posts
what is going on?! They are for sure the LED rear lights and should have sweeping indicators. Are you sure you dont have them? They arent normal like other Audis, they are a bit short and sweep down and out. I thought LED light package had dynamic rear indocators as standard?? Iv not seen any without it, not even seen a cluster that is LED without them.

And no, you need new clusters if you dont have them. coding will not help! silly question!! :lol:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just checked again now and they are definitely flashing normally and not sweeping. I wonder if they are aftermarket ones as it's an se so didn't originally have them when it was new?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Can you post a video of them working? I doubt they would be aftermarket lights, your front ones look 100% genuine LED.

Regarding modifications, if yours is an SE model then shouldnt you have a different front lower grill? Mine is the 1st edition and has the same front silver spoiler part. I thought SE versions where different. The silver bumper accents should also be present on the rear like my 1st edition, I think! Clearly you have the black pack so this might be the reason you have these silver parts that are different to a normal SE. Just think it's weird your rear doesn't have a lower silver part too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah looking at the my Audi app it is supposed to have the halogen front lights too so the headlights have been upgraded since new also so I'm guessing it's had the sline bumper fitted as well as the black pack to make it look like an edition 1.

Here is the video of the indicators:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Looks like the car has been semi upgraded, the S-Line front has been added (rear looks still to be sport/SE spec but painted gloss black) so you could be right in thinking that they have upgraded the headlights and taillights. Audi could confirm as they will have the full factory spec listed on their system. You can check this on erWIN but you need to pay to check this and then know what all of the various codes are.

The video definitely shows no sweep but they are full LED. I think you may only need coding to get them to work. Might be worth contacting one of the UK retrofitters like HazzyDayz, Audi Retrofits or Vag Car Coding etc to see if they can make them work.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Cheers for the video. Never seen indicators like that and would assume they haven't been coded properly or have the correct module to make it a dynamic sweeping indicator. Instead of sweeping they are all coming on at the same time.

Now, I don't want to scare you but I would be contacting the previous owner and doing an HPI check just to see if there is a reason why the mods were made. He/she has made quite a few that would scare me, front bumper usually means collision but perhaps not. Dont want to scare you. Your rear number could be the 1st edition bumper but with the silver part wrapped or painted. Can't make it out properly.

Btw, Audi do NOT do upgrades like this so try to see if the previous owner can give you the companies name of where it was carried out? Or do you have receipts?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts