Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My name is Tina and I am in the midst of purchasing a Q2 currently having an A1 1.6 Sline. I have had a test drive today and am now progressing my purchase. I note below that heated seats have been mentioned and having previously had them in a Vauxhall along with a heated steering wheel I enquired if they were available on the Q2 but to my disappointment informed they are not available on the Q2. Is this the case or does anyone know differently? I haven't been able to get my hands on a brochure and find it more difficult to browse through it online so any help will be much appreciated.
I am negotiating the purchase of a spare wheel and I am most disappointed that the price of £100 is only available if you purchase a factory order. I read the thread on this forum about having a spacer and wondered if anyone has pursued purchasing a spare from a different retailer as I feel the cost of £405 is excessive. Any advice on this would also be welcome. I am also considering Gardx Protection and wondered if anyone has experience of using this product, is it worth getting it done?
As I live in a rural area in Scotland and I have had the misfortune of having a burst tyre resulting in waiting hours to get roadside assistance and relay home I am eager to ensure I am never in such a position again. Why oh why have car manufacturers done away with spare wheels! The fact that this car has a space for one is at least a bonus.
I look forward to hearing from other Q2 users. Thanks folks for reading.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi,

Heated seats come as part of the comfort pack... there is no heated steering wheel option.

It is frustrating that you can spend so much money on a car and yet they do not include at least the Space Saver wheel... I guess you could try asking for it as part of the deal... I did have a slow puncture recently and had to replace the tyre at £186... a little frustrating with only having the car a couple of months. I never had a spare on my previous car and never needed one either...

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you dtaylor for your response. I have asked for a discount on the spacer wheel and was offered it for £320 so I am considering that offer. I went to a local tyre company to enquire today and was advised they could not supply me with a new wheel. They also cautioned me about buying online as I need to ensure it will fit properly and this made me hesitate about trying to get one myself. I'm sorry you had to buy a replacement so soon and indeed I would also have been upset as they are rather expensive tyres to replace.
Having had the A1 for sometime I have had on several occasions needed a spare wheel and on one occasion it happened at a weekend and I couldn't get a replacement of the required size without ordering. A real inconvenience, which I am eager to prevent happening again.
As I am purchasing this car from stock I have not had the option of adding any specific packs but probably would have. This was an impulse purchase and now realising maybe I should have done a bit more research!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi Tina,

It is a nice car and hope you're getting a good deal with being a stock car. It does get quite expensive choosing the options but some of which are items that made me want the car.

I can relate to struggling getting a replacement tyre... when I had the puncture it was on a Sunday... the tyre could not be repaired and neither Kwik -Fit or National Tyre had stock and could not even source them. My Audi dealer didn't even have stock... had to order on the Monday and had it fitted on the Tuesday.

£320 is steep too for the space saver and can understand your frustrations compared with £100 if ordered when new.

Maybe someone here who is about to place an order but without the spare could take that option and sell it onto you...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Yazz 2010. I did reply your post earlier but obviously didn't do it right! I purchased from stock and it is a red q2 Sline and came with privacy glass and three spoke flat bottom steering wheel. I am (or was) well pleased with it until my hubby grazed it against the pillar at the end of the drive whilst reversing it out - well what can I say? He turns his own on a sixpence reversing it about two inches from the wall but bumps mine :oops: . Not sure whether his ego got a greater dent than my car as he hasn't moved it since. Car has now been repaired, at his expense, and is back to looking new. I am well pleased with how it drives but most irritated by the fact the screen does not go down, which it did in my A1. I've only done 400 miles so far so early days to give a full review.
I am still looking for a spare wheel so any advice on that will be most welcome.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi tina,
Glad you are enjoying your new purchase, my new q2 is due 01.03.17.
Must say i looked at many ex demos but decided on factory order as cudnt get an ex demo with spare wheel.
Also managed a good discount on the factory order from the dealer to help as he thought i would buy an demo from another dealer.
320 quid is expensive, but hopefully you got a good bit off the ex stock car to compensate ?
If not think 2 punctures and replacing the tyre, rather than being able to repair it might equate?
I bet your hubby wishes you had taken out minor repair cover if it was offered to you.
Happy driving, and oh the gardex does help as the water runs off, cost price to the dealer is much cheaper than they will quote you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Kev. Since posting earlier I have managed to purchase a new spare wheel on eBay, as suggested by another forum member, costing £100 new. I did see cheaper ones but they were used and did not want to risk buying without seeing. Hopefully it fits but I have been assured it will.
My car wasn't actually an ex demo but I did manage to get a much better trade in for my A1 than offered by other dealers and got a good discount too. In fact, the salesman said he hadn't seen as good a discount before. Not sure if that was just patter but it was more than I have seen others mention on the forum so overall I'm happy with my purchase. I am not technology savvy so many of the additional features are wasted on me.
It won't be long now until you get yours and I hope you have many miles of safe driving. What colour have you chosen?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
P.S. Kev.
Minor damage was not offered to us so I'm afraid his wallet is a bit lighter! Do you know if the gardex can be done outwith Audi garages after having had the car on the road?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi tina.
Glad you liking your q2 and also that you have the spare wheel at a reasonable cost.
I chose ara blue, with manhatten blades and trim, dont like the silver blades on a blue car, mine is a sport model.
Gadgets arent normally my thing, but went for park assist as it is only 150 quid extra to driver assistance pack.
Wonder what it is like, soon i will find out.
I managed a good discount over 2k, made up of getting extra 500 for my car as trade in, gap ins, gardex, minor damage
And tyre / alloy at cost, 1 k off and other things like protection package and a full tank of fuel.
Also ordered before the prices went up in jan 17.
I was told that audi advised dealers against giving discounts.
gardex was applied on my previous car after i had test driven it, so think you shd be able to get it done,
Happy and safe driving.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Morning Kev.
Sounds like you have chosen well for your car and got a really good deal. Had I been ordering one I would have gone for the Ara Blue too. I haven't seen one in that colour, in fact I haven't seen many on the road at all. You'll be on the countdown now. I'll look forward to your future posts as a Q2 user.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Spacer I ordered on eBay has finally arrived and I took it to local tyre dealer to have it checked out and make sure it fitted properly, which it did and it also fits peautifully into the boot. A great big thanks to this forum for giving me the correct information, which gave me the confidence to purchase online and save myself £240 - well chuffed. :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Excellent news, really pleased it worked out for you. Charging so much for a wheel/tyre after delivery is poor for Audi.
Personally I am still thinking about it, but your experience is interesting. thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts