Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
I鈥檓 getting my very first Audi soon and I鈥檓 so excited!!I had an email yesterday saying that my Audi is ready to leave the factory. Is anyone able to tell me how long it takes to get from the factory to the dealer please? Also, at what point is the car registered?
thanks 馃槉

Registered
My Q2 took six weeks from factory to dealer,but it鈥檚 normally about four weeks.The car is registered on day of delivery,the dealer does it electronically.Enjoy your new car.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My Q2 took six weeks from factory to dealer,but it鈥檚 normally about four weeks.The car is registered on day of delivery,the dealer does it electronically.Enjoy your new car.
Thank you 馃槉 even though I want it now! It would be quite nice to have it on a 72 plate as we鈥檙e so close to September. Are you pleased with your Q2?

Registered
Only worth it if I intend to put the car through it鈥檚 second inspection service which I won鈥檛.Liverpool Audi were onto me today asking the same thing.And of course the cost is non refundable if I bale out early.

Registered
Actually - NO - It was on a lease - 3 years - but because of issues with the infotainment system shutting down, not pairing with phones, volume not working, cameras not working, car play not working (all itermitent) they agreed to take back the car.

So all I lost was the delivery cost of the car and the extras I fitted (mud flaps, boot lip protector and half the value of the rubber mats, boot tray and spare tyre (I sold them on))

I have had over 30 new cars in my time and normally loose a lot on them...

But the last 3 been lucky

LR Defender - Bought 拢67K - sold 6 months later for 拢71K and dealer sold it on for 拢84K (only car i have made money on)

Arona - basically as above

Older Suzuki Grand Vitara (Dog Car) - bought it for 拢4700 ran it for 4 years and 3 months - sold it for 拢3750..

But if I add up how much I have spent on cars - I could have bought a few houses...

Then If I add in motorbikes.... a Villa in Portugal too....

Registered
To the OP, you can see on other forums like the excellent TT Forum threads on new cars in transit (or possibly on Audi Sport Net). I'd guess the timescales will be the similar to a Q2. Defo go for a 72 plate if you can wait. Not much in it if you are putting a cherished plate on it.

A bit off topic, but in 2021, at the end of 4 years PCP, I paid off the balloon on my A3 cabriolet. In June 2022, thanks to Motorway, I sold it for 拢6,000 more than the balloon payment. It was a low mileage, high spec car. Just wish I knew in 2017 when I bought the A3 that I could have settled the PCP within the 14 days, cooling off period, and paid little interest and still kept over 拢5,000 in dealer and Audi contributions.

My OH still has her Arona 1st Edition SE Technology she bought which was a demo car , and she was sold it on the launch weekend in 2017! Ironically, its got better equipment than my soon to arrive used Q2 (heated seats, washers and climate control).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts