Audi Q2 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
It's not only a problem here in the UK - also discussed on the MotorTalk forum in Germany. Translation of a post below....

"They are window seals, which are almost always spotted (after every wash or rain). I tried the following: Wax from DJ (without solvent, of course), Finish Kare - 317 Exterior Black Trim restorer, Gtechniq C4 Permanent Trim Restorer (normal applied, ie with MT after the application immediately wiped and also times 24 hours in dry to ZINO Z 16, Chemical Guys - G6 Hyper Coat, AUTOGLYM plastic and rubber cleaner ... C4 was the last rescue, unfortunately only holds up to the first wash or rain and then the seals look again stained ... Has anyone still one Idea?"

https://www.motor-talk.de/forum/fleckige-fensterdichtungen-t4012779.html#commentlistJumpMarker

·
Registered
31 Posts
This is interesting and I have forwarded this info to the Audi Case Manager appointed to my complaint. I really do not think they can continue to deny Audi are aware of a problem. This is clearly universal. UK customers are not the only ones with this issue I await their response.

·
Registered
54 Posts
audi called me today to say . details and photos have been escalated to technical dept in milton keynes . my case manager will be in touch next week . they know they have a problem and local dealership said all there cars look bad now . including new unsold ones on forecourt .

·
Registered
1 Posts
my 1.5 month q2 has the same problem.after washing appears the problem.i use autoglym and dissapears.after washing the same problem again

·
Registered
31 Posts
Please report this to Audi Customer Care. My case manager is Robert. He called me this morning and I have asked him to contact Audi's technical department. He has agreed and will let me know the outcome. He did, however, reiterate that the more people report the problem the quicker it will be flagged to Audi as a fault. This will then become a problem they can no longer ignore and will have to do something.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I no want have a case manager and they will be contacting me after the weekend. Will let you know what is discussed. Did ask for contact to be either by email or whatsapp so I had written records of the conversation but I have a feeling it will be a telephone call....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Rec'd today -

'Thank you for your response regarding the window trim on your vehicle and taking the time to send the pictures.

I can appreciate your dissatisfaction with this, and please be assured that your complaints have been logged internally within Audi UK.

Customer satisfaction is very important to Audi as a business and each case that is logged with us is dealt with on a case by case basis to insure the best outcome for the customer.

If you require any further assistance from us, please do not hesitate to contact us on the number below.

Thank you for contacting Audi UK

Kind regards'

My response -

'Thank you for your email. I appreciate that this has been logged, however, what I want to know is what is going to be done about this problem?

Surely if Audi continue to build Q2s with the same window seals the problem escalates with more and more customers complaining?'

·
Registered
31 Posts
Update: call this morning at 8.20am from my case manager in response to my email. This problem has definitely been logged so Audi are well aware of it. Just a matter of playing the waiting game until they acknowledge the problem and theytell us what happens next! So hopefully Q2 owners will log their concerns with Audi

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have just received the attached email. I will respond tomorrow but I don't think the case managers are communicating with each other over this issue!
Can you tell me the name of your CM and I'll direct Mikky to them?

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
This is hilarious. Everytime it stops raining we need to rush out and clean the window seals?

Do they know how often it rains in the north west!? 😂

My contact is
Robb Forbes
Customer Relations Manager

·
Registered
100 Posts
I guess that it's natural that Audi will come up with various solutions to the problem rather than simply admitting that the rubber is defective in some way but why don't they just contact their supplier and tell them that the product is faulty? It's obvious to anyone that the seals are of poor quality.

I wasn't going to do anything about mine but I've changed my mind having seen the stupid response that Daisy received from Audi. Do they think that we're children?

Well done Daisy, keep up the good work!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Frankly they need to realise we are not going to go away. The sooner they appreciate that the better. We all need to keep on the case - my next move is Watchdog. The clock is ticking Audi!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sent this to Mikki today. And cc'd the garage in to it.

The last paragraph is 'I await your response and the next step regarding this issue'

Will keep you posted... Font Parallel Paper Document Number

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Pinksparkles - today I went back to the dealer to get a quote for damage caused when some waste of space decided to run his key along the side of my 7 week old car. However while there I had a quick chat with the after sales manager who confirmed Audi are well aware of this problem (there has been a bulletin) although they say it's caused by external conditions . Ha! - that'll be rain then. My dealer now has other customers reporting the fault too. While still willing to replace the seals it would be like for like so I'm hanging on until the seal composition is sorted otherwise it'll have to be done twice. Might be worth asking that question of your dealer too?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ah what a bummer, why are people so horrible? Mine had a delightful ding from a car door last week, nothing is bloody sacred!
I'll email him back later, to be honest I'm a bit annoyed that I have to go to them, I may suggest they come to me and take the photos they need rather than use my fuel and miles up on something I know they won't rectify next week!
Seems a bit odd that they need photos if there's been a bulletin!!
Hope the quote wasn't too horrendous!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Frankly I can see no reason to have a car for a day to take a few photos. Waste of time. They took photos of my car's damage outside in the parking area, went inside and produced a quote. 15 minute job. Can't see the difference.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've just emailed them to ask if they can come to me to take the photos.
I also mentioned the bulletin and the seal composition concerns.
Will let you know what comes back.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi,

I mentioned earlier in this thread that I too have had the problem. I was the first to take ownership of a Q2 in the UK back in November and overall I am very pleased with the car and features... and have now done over 16,000 miles. I have been following this thread with interest.

I wash it nearly every week weather permitting. I cannot consciously say when but noticed this weekend (before I washed all the trim) that the mottling effect was no long there. I know I have had the car for almost ten months but perhaps the issue is due to the natural oils in the seals and over this amount of time they have stabilised and any oil residue has weakened. Maybe their composition is slightly different to what has been used previously but overtime it looks like they do come good. Not that there should be an issue in the first place and nor should you have to wait that amount of time for all to be OK but just worth noting.

41 - 60 of 90 Posts