Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on May 10th I ordered my new Q2, today I finally managed to get the correct order number as the one provided to me was wrong. To my horror the build date is expected on 19th NOVEMBER 2018 ! Thats a whole 7 months before they even begin building my new car, surely this is not right ? When i ordered the dealer told me it will be roughly 3 months until i get my car, but i'm looking at closer to 9-10 months. Is the build date likely to change or am i now stuck with a car I cant have until 2019 ?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don't know about UK, but I ordered mine in March 2017 and got it in August. I'm in Switzerland. In France, delays are currently around 11-12 months of wait. Again, I'm not aware of the situation for UK, but this seams pretty much normal to me. The Q2 is getting popular and, with the diesel being "banned" by more and more people, the orders for petrol engines are getting higher, and there's only one factory building all the engines for Audi, which is in Hungary if I'm correct. And it struggles with the high demand.

I'm not sure about this theory but I'm just supposing based on the facts I know.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I got an update from the dealer. He said that he will have some new slots at the start of each month and when June comes round, my car will be moved to a June slot so the original quoted time should be ignored. Just need to wait and see if this happens

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.