Audi Q2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Picked my Q2 up this morning, spent about 90 minutes driving it and another 90 sat getting used to the technology. So many features/options… can see it being a while before I know it all off by heart. Very quiet to drive, handles effortlessly and definitely has a premium feel about it.

It is always nice buying a new car but this is something special. It should be a while before the novelty wears off :D

Below are some pictures. If anyone wants any taking of anything in particular let me know, or have any questions I'll do my best to answer.

In relation to the adjustable boot floor… you'll see from the boot pictures… with the Tool's insert present then that prohibits the floor being put into the lower position. I have the Bang and Olufsen sound system but that does not protrude at all. If additional space is required then you could remove the tool insert and then drop it down. As it is in the higher position then there is nothing to stop you storing items below in front of the insert; there is probably 5-6 inches of clearance. The tools are of little use without a wheel :?

Those that are interested... this is the spec...
http://www.uk.audi.com/A4AY10X4

And the time-line/events from ordering until delivery...
06/08/16 Quote and order placed
12/08/16 Email with Order Number received from Audi (Estimated Build Date 14/11/16)
16/08/16 Added Hill Hold Assist (+£75)
21/09/16 Advised of new build date of 17/10/16
30/09/16 Order progressed to a status of Preparation
13/10/16 Order progressed to a status of Panel Shop
14/10/16 Order progressed to a status of Paint Shop
15/10/16 Order progressed to a status of Assembly
17/10/16 Order progressed to a status of Quality Control
29/10/16 Order progressed to a status of In Transit
03/11/16 Dealer received car at their preparation centre... chose Reg… advised unlikely to take delivery prior to the 12th
04/11/16 Dealer called and advised Audi had allowed them to release my car tomorrow…
05/11/16 Picked car up

Many thanks,
David

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wow looks fabulous David, I hope you are very pleased with it!

Looks like you have some very nice extras!

Thank you for the boot pictures.

How is the B&O, are the speakers illuminated in places?

We're there many waiting to be collected?

I've ordered on 3rd August, only an SE trim but added things on, build date of 28th Nov.

Thanks and enjoy!

·
Registered
54 Posts
i dont want to spoil the great new car in any way . as i have one ordered too . but youre boot is in the lower position and can be raised they dont seem to have put the side bars in to lower and raise it . all the other cars ive seen have the boot space at the raised level so flush with entry . i saw the tour car the other day nd the boot was sline and was higher too

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hayley456 said:
Wow looks fabulous David, I hope you are very pleased with it!

Looks like you have some very nice extras!

Thank you for the boot pictures.

How is the B&O, are the speakers illuminated in places?

We're there many waiting to be collected?

I've ordered on 3rd August, only an SE trim but added things on, build date of 28th Nov.

Thanks and enjoy!
Hi Hayley,

Yes... very pleased indeed with it...

The B&O System sounds great and yes... the speakers are illuminated... just a small strip around the name area; quite discrete.

Mine was the only one to be collected... others struggled with lead times and still don't think officially any should be released until next weekend.

I wonder what held yours up. I ordered on the 6th August (the configurator went live on the website on the evening of Friday the 5th) and the two dealers I visited were not aware that it was available to order then! Funny though... as on the system it states my order date was the 3rd August... it was definitely the 6th though.

Hope your date gets pulled forward and you should have it before Christmas all being well.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
milo said:
i dont want to spoil the great new car in any way . as i have one ordered too . but youre boot is in the lower position and can be raised they dont seem to have put the side bars in to lower and raise it . all the other cars ive seen have the boot space at the raised level so flush with entry . i saw the tour car the other day nd the boot was sline and was higher too
Hi,

It definitely is in the raised position... the image probably does not show it very well but when raised it is not totally flush... about an inch lip. You can see the guides where it slides down into; just with the tool insert the way it is prevents this happening. There's a YouTube clip I linked to a while back that shows it in both positions. Below the position it is in there is about a 5-6inch gap.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shellman said:
Well done, it looks perfect.
Ordered mine 17th September and just today got probable build date of 12 December 2016 so fingers crossed.
Thanks...

Most build dates seem to be pulled forward so there's hope you will have a pre-Christmas delivery... fingers crossed...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sounds like you have the first one on the road!

Leeds audi had taken delivery of two s lines when I spoke to them Friday, but he mentioned the 12th, unless they have since released.

Checked and my audi shows as 3rd August order, but like you, checked my photos taken of colours in audi and I actually ordered on the 4th. I think they have built the s lines first! I'm happy waiting.

yet to see one in nano grey other than virtual image if anyone has a photo?

Thanks

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kericlayton said:
Great to see you got yours it looks fantastic! Lead time here still mid Jan even though ordered on 7/8. Will be worth the wait if your pics are to go by
Thanks... had a good drive in it today and really impressed. Had a slight problem with the Audi Connect services not connecting but on my return journey all worked fine. See how it goes.

Have you been offered any explanation for the delay? You ordered the day after me... even spec related you would like to think they could offer some feedback... hope your deliver date improves.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Looks great, I was surprised you got it before the 12th, you must be the one of the first , if not the first in the UK. Mine has been in preparation for the last 4 days, noticed your was in prep. for about 10days but then skipped quickly through the other stages, hope mine is soon on the move, can't wait. have people noticed its a bran new model !!! hope you have lots of fun driving it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Apparently when I challenged my dealer he said they are building the simple non spec models first.....good nag by the forums this is nonsense so no true explanation. Went for a sport with tech and comfort pack, folding windows and boot close so nothing to complex. Diassapointed as hoped to have this month but so l Very to see yours and that it's worth the wait :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
David, that looks so very beautiful! Thank you for some great pictures, much better than the marketing stuff! I bet you are chuffed to bits! Enjoy it, nit that you need telling :D :D :D

Keri, your order is odd, you must have got back squaded somehow. I ordered on the Tuesday after the orders opened, I think it was 7th August. It was held up for around 5 weeks before I got a build date and I had Audi UK check it out. Turned out one of my add ons wasn't ready. It was the storage pack., which wasn't a big deal. So we deleted the storage pack, that gave a build date mid March! Aagh!! Anyway, from there on the build date came forward in leaps and bounds and settled on 31st October for several weeks. It went into production on 28th though, and after a few days in QC is now in transit. If David's experience is anything to go by it could be here by next weekend. Your build date may well come forwatd again so don't despair.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
kathysymonds said:
David, that looks so very beautiful! Thank you for some great pictures, much better than the marketing stuff! I bet you are chuffed to bits! Enjoy it, nit that you need telling :D :D :D

Keri, your order is odd, you must have got back squaded somehow. I ordered on the Tuesday after the orders opened, I think it was 7th August. It was held up for around 5 weeks before I got a build date and I had Audi UK check it out. Turned out one of my add ons wasn't ready. It was the storage pack., which wasn't a big deal. So we deleted the storage pack, that gave a build date mid March! Aagh!! Anyway, from there on the build date came forward in leaps and bounds and settled on 31st October for several weeks. It went into production on 28th though, and after a few days in QC is now in transit. If David's experience is anything to go by it could be here by next weekend. Your build date may well come forwatd again so don't despair.
Thanks Kathy,

Yes... Very pleased indeed with it :D The Virtual Cockpit is amazing... just got to remember to look at the road :D

Not sure what the dealer is playing at with Keri's... you'd love to know the detail behind the hold ups.

Wow... sounds like you'll have yours soon too. I think from shipping (In Transit), mine was in the UK within 24 hours. Then 3-4 days before it reached the dealer. They turned it around very fast. Fingers crossed you'll have it this weekend :D

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Now one week in… around 600 miles on… and no regrets. I'm happy I bought the car and was worth waiting for. I spent a lot of money on all the extras though and don't feel it would be the same car without them.

The Virtual Cockpit does give the 'Wow' factor and is impressive. It's quick to respond and does give a whole host of views and different information. I like technology and statistics and this provides them in bucket loads.

Something I have never had before is radar cruise control… that makes for effortless motorway driving. Just set the speed to 70mph and it will try to achieve that but automatically breaking and accelerating dependant on the vehicles in the same lane. What threw me a little is when reducing the desired speed; for instance when coming into road works where the limit may be 50mph… when reducing the desired speed in cruise control the car actually breaks to that speed rather than gradually slowing with the momentum. Not a complaint; just was not expecting that.

Reading the reviews I was not sure what the heads up display was going to be like as mostly they had not been favourable. I like it and projects just the right amount of information on there when needed. Mind you; dependant on how you configure everything you could have Navigation overload with the satnav directions on the MMI screen, Virtual Cockpit and Heads Up display.

Navigation works well and in conjunction with the on-line services; the road traffic conditions seem very accurate. The voice can be a little more 'robotic' than what I was used to and some of the pronunciations are quite comical… not sure if that will improve with updates.

The traffic sign recognition works well. You can set the car to alert you should you exceed the speed limit by a given amount, whether it is the actual road limit or a temporary speed restriction based on the sign read.

With the boot floor in the raised position then space is a little limited. It is what I expected though and not an issue for me. With the B & O system installed, that does not necessarily take up boot space but I wonder if without that, if all the tools are supplied in a holder that fits into the wheel well? That way, you could lower the boot floor. With the B & O system using part of that space then the tools are in a moulded area on top of that which restricts you lowering the floor. Only a thought and not an issue for me. There is lots of room below the floor to store non-essential items if need be (in front of the moulded tool insert).

The advanced key/keyless entry works well. You could set my previous car to automatically lock when you walk away from it. I don't see a way of doing that with the Audi solution though… think I've remembered to lock it each time!

The park assist is a little spooky but very good. Not totally sure how much I would use it though, time will tell and is impressive. It was not a huge expense more with going for the other assistance packages. Lane assist and blind spot monitoring is good and nice to haves…

The interior is nice, quiet and reasonably well laid out. Not sure of the logic of the volume control in the top left of the centre consol as you have to reach around the gear stick to use it. There is the control on the steering wheel though so maybe no need to use it much.

Ride comfort is nice/comfortable and I guess with not being a dramatically higher riding position then it does not suffer much in the way of body roll. It feels very much like a hatch back ride.

I have nothing really to quibble about. Unfortunately as with most Audi's, you get little as standard and have to spend a small fortune to spec it out with all the good and impressive features that really make the car something special. I have no regrets and should be a while before the novelty wears off.

I think I've covered most of the features but any questions just let me know.

One aspect I would urge all purchases of the Tech Pack though is to check your licensing periods (there's probably a couple of dozen licenses). All mine was set to expire in less than twelve months time as opposed to the three years that was supposed to be part of the service. Naturally that can be fixed but just important to check before it expires prematurely. I'm still seeking guidance on three licenses that have been adjusted with an expiration date of 2015...

Oh BTW… it looks like I was the first customer to be driving one in the UK. Audi Germany queried with my dealer… it was Audi UK that incorrectly gave them permission to release it.

I'm assuming some will be picking theirs up today?

David

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Simonrich said:
Can you pack the tools and jack in the space around your Speaker, bubble wrap to stop rattles and discard/store foam holder ? This would allow boot floor to fit in its lower position.
Hi,

Yes... that would certainly be possible. There is enough room. The first aid kit and puncture repair kit is there already and plenty more space. I thought about doing that but the space is not really a problem. In the manual it states that the raised position is the 'normal' position to make loading and unloading easier... suits me at the moment but may change it at some point.

·
Administrator
417 Posts
Hayley456 said:
After seeing today at Audi, regretting not upgrading to LED lights, has everyone added or kept with the halogens that come as standard in SE and sport? What are people's thoughts? Thank you
Personally I think they really set the front of the car off and would recommend them. It's all extra costs though so it depends really on how much you want to spend....

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Rob said:
Hayley456 said:
After seeing today at Audi, regretting not upgrading to LED lights, has everyone added or kept with the halogens that come as standard in SE and sport? What are people's thoughts? Thank you
Personally I think they really set the front of the car off and would recommend them. It's all extra costs though so it depends really on how much you want to spend....
Hi,

I agree... they do look nice... they come as standard on the S-Line but not sure if I was going for the SE or Sport if I could justify spending £1K on different lights...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts